Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-01-15-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Arn Anderson, Kevin Sullivan & Brian Pillman

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

So a Horsemen/DoD match is scheduled, but instead all the Horsemen and the Dungeon of Doom members walk out.

I crack up at Arn yelling at Pillman. "I thought I told you to dress up. This is a business meeting." Yeah, Pillman is wearing a t-shirt and jeans, but Kevin Sullivan is wearing giant yellow robe and face paint.

Pillman gets overly excited and starts yelling at the Dungeon and Arn slaps him hard! Great stuff, with Arn especially being a standout.

• 1 month later...

Arn slapping Pillman beats all. Also laughing at AA's "let's not misconstrue". Big words used awkwardly is pro wrestling, motherfuckers!

I have to say that for a long time after the tragedy, I was ambivalent about seeing Benoit on my screen. But lately, I find myself feeling ill when he appears. I know he's on the set a lot, and I'll deal. It's just something that recently occurred to me. I think it might be watching rumbles 04 and 05 recently, and seeing him set up as such a hero that made me tense.

There was a lot of good here. Arn was the star of this segment and his enforcer image was the focal point. He is #1 protector of Flair's World Title and seems to be chief negotiator for business deals as well. It almost makes Arn the Godfather of the 4 Horsemen. Sullivan almost looked like he was going to deck Arn for saying the DoD weren't winners in their feud, that is before Arn says there are no winners only survivors.

With Benoit I have taken the approach of liking his in ring work, but realizing the man off screen became a wreck that no one should imitate. Honestly I kinda view Ric Flair the same way, though I realize what Benoit did maybe the worst thing a pro wrestler has ever done to his personal life. Flair wined and dined his way out of all that money he earned and is not to the point where many do not want to work with him, and it appears many wives didn't want to as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Such a weird segment, as Pillman gets in trouble for wearing a t-shirt to a meeting with the fucking Taskmaster and the fucking Zodiac! Benoit dressed up like a Burger King shift manager is hilarious too. He got his associate's degree in business administration from the local community college and he is bringing a new level of professionalism to the 11am-7pm shift!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A very dapper Arn, after chiding Pillman for not being dressed appropriately for a business meeting, declares that there is no financial gain from getting into a war with the Dungeon of Doom, and he and the Taskmaster have called the whole thing off. Sullivan will let the Horsemen borrow the Giant for the Clash, but he still has a problem with the lack of respect shown by Brian Pillman. Pillman goes back to gloating and gets slapped and put in his place by Arn. Arn's awesome here.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-01-15-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Arn Anderson, Kevin Sullivan & Brian Pillman