Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-01-29-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Liz seems to have redone her hair back to sandy blonde.

I generally am okay with Hogan, but not during this period. His hulk up feels totally inappropriate, as Flair is not a monster. I enjoyed the ending with Arn and Hart teaming to steal the shoe, and I took sadistic glee in Hart beating on a downed Hogan at ringside. Decent enough match. Flair's schtick may be tired by 96, but he feels positively fresh next to Hulk's. Plus he's always consistent in his willingness to bump and sell - I can't stress that point enough because it sets apart from almost every other main eventer aside perhaps from Foley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Another Hogan/Flair match on free TV. I don't know what had a less successful rate for Flair: Him going to the top rope or his wild right handed roundhouse that always seemed to get blocked. The high heel shoe makes it's appearance much to WWF's amusement. Flair gets the big win over Hogan on TV.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I generally am okay with Hogan, but not during this period. His hulk up feels totally inappropriate, as Flair is not a monster. I enjoyed the ending with Arn and Hart teaming to steal the shoe, and I took sadistic glee in Hart beating on a downed Hogan at ringside. Decent enough match. Flair's schtick may be tired by 96, but he feels positively fresh next to Hulk's. Plus he's always consistent in his willingness to bump and sell

Pretty much. This is a fun match because Flair actually cuts off Hogan several times, and the ending was quite the shocker, but Hogan's stuff was dead tired at this point. Cool finish.

• 11 months later...

"Dead tired"? What gave you that conclusion, the fact that the Hulk-Up gets like NO reaction at all? Hogan isn't even drawing boos like he has on Nitros past, it's more like indifference. This is another Ric Flair Nitro sprint that I have little to say about, but Hulk doing a job is always going to be noteworthy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-01-29-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan