Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-02-06-ECW-TV] Pulp Fiction

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

"Doritos? Eating disorder?"

This is way better than the last one. Scorpio does a promo talking about the greatness of having a good woman and asks his baby to come here for a kiss, and of course it's the ECW TV title. Perry Saturn shaves his head while Tommy Dreamer burns a candle and lets the wax drip onto his fist. And Cactus Jack cuts perhaps the funniest promo of his life about Mikey Whipwreck and Doritos, Leonard Cohen, and the satanic music of Ozzy Osbourne.

Raven is soooo useless.

• 2 months later...

I think we can safely say Vince was right about his talent level. But I'll be curious when we get to 1997-1998 if he's as over as I remember him being. Because even if he wasn't any good, if he was capable of getting over, then I guess he had some value.

I think his real peak (and the whole company's really) is 95-96. By the time they got to ppv, the best days of ECW were far behind them.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Raven introduces us to his newly won ECW World title, as well as Kimona Wanalaya. Tommy Dreamer responds with a candle metaphor.

Cactus delivers his famous Doritos promo, attacking Mikey for not appreciating the beauty of fall foliage, for replacing his Leonard Cohen tape with the Satanic ritual music of Ozzy Osbourne, and of course for leaving Doritos in the car. Shane Douglas is back, thank goodness. JT Smith regales us with some Dean Martin. Bill Alfonso's teeth yell at us. The Pitbulls threaten the Eliminators...again. The Gangstas make their return, featuring an actual speaking role for Mustafa. Every time Raven tried to show Beulah his pain, she faked it. Raven whines about society before talking about what a loving, compassionate guy he is. 2 Cold Scorpio loves a good woman, and brings in his latest--the ECW TV title belt. All the hos is for 2 Cold! The Pitbulls threaten the Eliminators...again. The Eliminators respond...again. Saturn shaves off the rest of his hair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-02-06-ECW-TV] Pulp Fiction