Pro Wrestling Only

• 3 weeks later...

Up until now, this is the best TV match these guys have had, as both work hard and give a good performance. Great heat as well. Post-match, Brutus Beefcake re-runs yet another not-the-Barber gimmick, this time as The Booty Man. Funny to hear Hogan calling him the Bootybootybooty man.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would've called this a great match but the finish hurt it. I'm guessing Hogan missed his cue cause Sullivan ran around the ring twice for what looked like no reason. Savage was outstanding in the match and so was flair when he sang "I've got the whole world in my hands". The post match promo with Savage going after Bischoff was great.

• 2 years later...

Flair has been looking so confident in the ring. Him and Savage have another good match with Flair hitting some hard shots. I couldn't tell what Sullivan was doing at the end running around. I thought he was just trying to steal the shoe for himself before Hogan got in his way. Booty Man joins up with Hogan/Savage so I guess him being on the wrong side of Hogan for almost a year and a half is forgotten.

• 2 months later...

Booty Man joins up with Hogan/Savage so I guess him being on the wrong side of Hogan for almost a year and a half is forgotten.

After a year and a half of sucking dick it's now time for the Booty Man to kiss some ass. WCW gave Beefcake the variety he never used to have.

• 3 months later...

Yep, this is the best TV match these two had thus far. Savage's selling and bumping was terrific here and really made Flair look great. The ending looks like a clusterfuck though, someone missed his cue. And of course, the Bootybooty Man, yet another embarrassing Hogan brainfart to give his bags handler some undeserved TV time. A mix between the old Beefcake and the Ultimate Warrior actually.

• 11 months later...

I actually liked the Christmas match between these two the best as far as TV bouts go, but this was pretty good and like that match is a bit more meat-and-potatoes rather than a sprint designed to keep eyeballs from flipping to Raw. More satisfying ending too, even if the timing is a bit off. The post-match is underwhelming with the debut of the BOOTYBOOTYBOOTYMAN, with the announcers pretending to not have any idea who it is and the gimmick being another excuse for Beefcake to desperately and shamelessly mug to the crowd.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I love the story of Flair spending Savage's alimony money. What a heel! Pretty good match, I think I liked their earlier Nitro match better. THE BOOTYMAN! I love that he's not introduced, Hogan just starts referring to him as the Booty Man constantly on promo.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-02-19-WCW-Nitro] Ric Flair vs Randy Savage
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...