Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-06-10-WCW-Nitro] Sting & Lex Luger vs Ric Flair & Arn Anderson

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought we had a good match which got some time. Luger really didn't bring nearly as much as the other 3 did to the match. Sting as FIP was really good. Dug Flair selling his back later on from Sting's superplex. Luger's hot tag was ho-hum.The chairshots that the Giant took looked nasty. Steiner misses by a tad and almost breaks the Giant's nose.

• 3 years later...

Flair and Arn bitch forever before they get any kind of offense. This truly has an early WCW/late NWA feel to it, although Flair looks old at points, like when he fucks up his usual reversal spot with Sting. Arn is terrific and Luger worked hard almost every time around at this point. And once again, a good post-matcg angle putting over the Giant as a monster.

• 1 year later...

This was okay, and given a good amount of time. Sting works a pretty good FIP segment and Flair and Arn do some good blind-tagging. Rather predictable run-in finish but the post-match is HOT. Sting, Scott Steiner, and Luger all waylay the Giant with chairs but can't bring him down, and Jimmy Hart has to drag him away from the ring as the crowd erupts into "LU-GER" chants. This is a hell of a booking job to get the general public this excited for a Luger-Giant main event.

• 1 month later...

Fun match. Sting again shined for me with his FIP segment and we get some Arn tag staples which I always appreciate. Giant really looks strong in that post match just being a force to be reckoned with. Weird that Regal vs. Sting is coming up on the PPV as I guess that feud was built up on WCWSN? **1/4

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-06-10-WCW-Nitro] Sting & Lex Luger vs Ric Flair & Arn Anderson
  • 1 year later...

This hits like hidden gem territory for me.  The crowd is hot, Sting & Luger are both fired up, Flair is entertaining as can be, the action is hard hitting, and the ending was fun as hell.  I'm the high vote on this one. Love the bump Flair takes off the Sting punch onto the apron on the outside.