Photo

Rey Misterio Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera (AAA 07/15/96)

AAA July 15 1996 Rey Misterio Jr. Juventud Guerrera 4*

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43471 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43471 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

In terms of great wrestling followed by stupid run-ins, this match feels like a pro-shot version of the March match. There is some outstanding stuff here. In a ... surprising moment, the heels are holding Rey in a Jesus-like position with handcuffs while Juventud hits him over the head with a tree branch. Finally, Konnan comes out dressed as a monk in an American flag to make the save. Oh, pro wrestling. Still, I wish they could have just left these two alone, as they were doing fine without all this.

#3 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4022 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm pretty sure Pierroth hit Rey with a Kendo stick in a Sandman/Raven type deal. Typical Konnan booking in 96. Before that, I really liked the match. Juvi's moonsalt where is legs went straight into the rail was nasty.

#4 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9175 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Good action and God help me, but that Konnan swerve/run-in was pretty well-executed, and felt fresh in a lucha setting. Still, the match wasn't exactly improved by all the run-ins and you'd rather see a straight 2/3 fall match instead.

#5 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10257 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

The finish was well executed but man it still pissed me off. Action before was pretty awesome but I still think I prefer the ECW match between these two for spots and violence. Rey does a great babyface comeback and has the crowd going when he wins here. ***3/4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users