Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-09-20-FMW-Flashover] Hayabusa vs Hisakatsu Oya

Loss

• 1 month later...

Oya is a weird wrestler.

Heh, how so?

1st time i've heard him called that

Him & Hayabusa have wrestled a bunch of times. Of the main ones (as in ones that aren't clipped to hell) The 2 95 matches are better and i'd put their December 98 match ahead of this as well but on it's own, yeah, this is still really good.

Unless it's just this match, he seems to do a lot of things where he drops opponents in a different way than you'd expect when he picks them up for a suplex or whatever. There was also an exaggerated amount of circling Hayabusa at the beginning of this match before finally doing a collar-and-elbow, which was almost a comedy spot to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Oya decides to spend the opening minutes working like a stalling Memphis heel, which is...interesting. I had trouble getting into this--basically Oya did some stuff, then Hayabusa did some stuff, then Oya did some stuff and won. It felt very disjointed--no real swings in momentum, it was just time for the opponent to take over, so they did.

• 9 months later...

I guess I am the high vote on this as I enjoyed it for what it was. Oya took most of the match and really laid out a pretty basic but effective game plan to ground Hayabusa. I like with Oya how he compensates when things don't go right. At one point, he looks like he is trying to powerbomb Busa when Busa slips out. Oya responds by on the fly putting his boot right on Busa's face in an effective spot of improvisation. I thought Busa's comeback was real effective here and the ending run dramatic. This was signs of the FMW that is one of my favorite promotions in the world in 1999. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1996-09-20-FMW-Flashover] Hayabusa vs Hisakatsu Oya