Photo

Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs Smoking Gunns (WWF Mind Games 09/22/96)

WWF In Your House September 22 1996 Owen Hart Davey Boy Smith Smoking Gunns Billy Gunn Bart Gunn Title Changes Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43529 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43529 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

Last few minutes only. Owen and Davey Boy win the tag titles.

#3 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8891 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

They missed a huge opportunity with Sunny vs Cornette. It could have been a golden feud with awesome promos and angles. I was baffled they decided to do nothing with Sunny at this point. What a wasted potential.

#4 BackToBionic

BackToBionic
  • Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

It seems like they were writing her out of this angle (and the Faarooq angle the next night) so she could go host Live Wire. Total waste. Too bad they didn't have Sable do that (as scary as it would've been to see Sable try to form sentences for an hour on live TV) and have Sunny stick to managing.

#5 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2147 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

I recently watched the full match on the Coliseum Video version, and I'm surprised at the lack of love for it. It's easily the best Smokin' Guns PPV match of the year, which has nothing to do with them, their matches since the heel turn have all been potential cures for insomnia. But, Owen and Davey solve that by hogging the match and just trotting out nice spot after nice spot, and Bart's selling when they shark on his leg is really good stuff.

#6 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9279 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

Decent enough action from what we see, and the charisma difference between Billy and Bart is starting to show. Billy miscommunicates with Bart and shoves him right into a Bulldog powerslam, netting Owen & Davey Boy the tag titles. Sunny gives the Gunns a public dressing-down afterward. 

#7 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10329 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

Action didn't look too good here and Billy looked dumb not breaking up the count. Owen/Bulldog are a team with a big rep and are a fun duo but I don't know if they have the matches to go along with it. 

#8 Exposer

Exposer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2202 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Ok tag match. Sunny gets humiliated again in the pre-match with her provocative poster to Owen & Davey getting marked to make her look like a she-devil or something. This is more of a backdrop for Sunny to seperate from the Smoking Gunns beginning that team's dissension. Owen's spin kick is timed peferctly right at the three count to prevent it from being broken up. Beautiful. Owen & Davey Boy's win gets a nice pop. I guess fans were tired of the Smoking Gunns by this point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWF, In Your House, September 22, 1996, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Smoking Gunns, Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn, Title Changes, Philadelphia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users