Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-09-22-WWF-Mind Games] Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs Smoking Gunns

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently watched the full match on the Coliseum Video version, and I'm surprised at the lack of love for it. It's easily the best Smokin' Guns PPV match of the year, which has nothing to do with them, their matches since the heel turn have all been potential cures for insomnia. But, Owen and Davey solve that by hogging the match and just trotting out nice spot after nice spot, and Bart's selling when they shark on his leg is really good stuff.

• 1 year later...

Decent enough action from what we see, and the charisma difference between Billy and Bart is starting to show. Billy miscommunicates with Bart and shoves him right into a Bulldog powerslam, netting Owen & Davey Boy the tag titles. Sunny gives the Gunns a public dressing-down afterward.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok tag match. Sunny gets humiliated again in the pre-match with her provocative poster to Owen & Davey getting marked to make her look like a she-devil or something. This is more of a backdrop for Sunny to seperate from the Smoking Gunns beginning that team's dissension. Owen's spin kick is timed peferctly right at the three count to prevent it from being broken up. Beautiful. Owen & Davey Boy's win gets a nice pop. I guess fans were tired of the Smoking Gunns by this point.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-09-22-WWF-Mind Games] Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs Smoking Gunns