Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-11-11-WCW-Nitro] Music Video: Roddy Piper

Loss

• 2 months later...

A fan sends in a European music video of Roddy Piper from 1992, which is TERRIBLE.

This is supposed to make it clear that Piper wants Hogan, since there are Piper vs Hogan marquees mixed in the video, which I didn't think needed to be clarified.

The video is like an extended Mentos commercial. The extended talking sequence at the end is borderline unbearable.

Not having the yearbook yet, not remembering enough about the live show, and having had a recap show version on tape for years: Was there crowd noise from the arena on the original live Nitro during the video? The recap version I had was filled with what sounded like ridiculously canned cheers.

That was exactly what I thought. But Kevin Sullivan's biggest weakness as a booker was always that he had trouble just spelling things out clearly. He sometimes liked to be vague and mysterious for no reason except to be vague and mysterious. He did it with the Hogan/Savage build, the Hogan/Piper build, not spelling out that Woman was his wife in the Benoit feud and probably a few other times that are escaping me too.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1996-11-11-WCW-Nitro] Music Video: Roddy Piper