Photo

Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada & Super Delphin vs Dick Togo, Mens Teoh & Shiryu (Michinoku Pro 11/12/96)

Michinoku Pro November 12 1996 3.75* Great Sasuke Gran Hamada Super Delphin Dick Togo Mens Teoh Shiryu Kaz Hayashi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43185 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43185 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Super Delphin is just awesome. I think this is a guy who had a good singles run in him that never really happened to its full potential. Another awesome match in a long line of them for this group.

#3 Ditch

Ditch
  • Members
  • 1704 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

Super Delphin is just awesome. I think this is a guy who had a good singles run in him that never really happened to its full potential.

MPro Mask League 1995 has a handful of good Delfin singles outings.

#4 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43185 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

He's kind of a second rate Liger, but second rate Liger can still be great. He has a lot of charisma and seems able to switch gears to be more serious when the situation calls for it. I like him. Look forward to some of those matches coming up on the '95 yearbook.

#5 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 3882 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

So did Togo/Hamada do the Headbutt thing in every match they had? It seems like it.

#6 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43185 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

My first rewatch since I started going through these yearbooks. This was prompted by jdw asking if I purposely left off this match when ranking matches at the time, or if it was an oversight.

I had to rewatch to jog my memory. From a comments standpoint, I stand by what I said before. Delphin was the standout and my favorite performer. I'm not sure I'd call this "awesome", especially when next to the other MPro matches during this time. But it's an excellent match a few shades below most of the great matches at the time. It has a place on the list and it appears to have been an oversight. This should have been on my top 100 for the year. I have added a ranking for it in the Matches of the Month thread. Very good match.

#7 Zenjo

Zenjo

Lost in Time

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

It was decent enough for the first 10m and then like most Japanese 6 mans starts to outstay its welcome. Fortunately they cut to the finish quickly and the crowd briefly exploided. I mean it basically was just a hot finish. Still good enough for a top 100 spot. Super Dolfin isn't a guy that I have a strong opinion on either way. He does what he does well enough without being a standout performer. The Delfin Clutch makes me mark out because it looks so devastating.

#8 ohtani's jacket

ohtani's jacket
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 5636 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

This was probably the weakest of the six mans from this era, but at minimum a good match. Things picked up in the stretch run and I found myself willing the technicos on since if they weren't winning in Hamada's anniversary match they were never gonna win. The way they put Kaientai away was badass, which is all you can hope for from faces. 

#9 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8692 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

This was fun and I really liked the closing stretch. Hamada and Delfin hold off the rest of Kaientai and Sasuke's urgency in throwing shit at Shiryu while they're incapacitated is just awesome. Hamada was spectacular here--we get bits of Grumpy Old Man Hamada, familiar shtick Hamada, face in peril Hamada, and Hamada the high-flyer at the end. In fact this is one of the first MPro multi-mans where the babyfaces really seemed to outshine the heels. Not really a top-of-the-line lucharesu 6-man but a very good match.

#10 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 9283 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

I had a lot of fun with this. KDX was stooging off and they even had their poses down. The face term was well represented and Delphin outshined Sasuke pretty heavily here IMO. I actually think Delphin is probably a better worker historically than Sasuke and at the very least more consistent. I don't think this was really trying to be a classic, just another chapter in the feud overall and they accomplished that initiative. ***3/4 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Michinoku Pro, November 12, 1996, 3.75*, Great Sasuke, Gran Hamada, Super Delphin, Dick Togo, Mens Teoh, Shiryu, Kaz Hayashi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users