Pro Wrestling Only

Johnny Mantell creates $100,000 "pro wrestling as gymnastics" tournament con

kjh

Dylan Waco angry about Bryan having the WRONG OPINIONS about wrestling again is he?

No, Dylan is bemused about Bryan having the WRONG FACTS about wrestling.

You are angry about Dylan having the WRONG OPINIONS about wrestling reporting.

I am mildly annoyed about you having NEEDLESSLY DEFENSIVE OPINIONS about Meltzer and Alvarez, and bizarrely specifically defending against Dylan even though he's hardly the only person here who thinks that way, but I can work around that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Bryan is very knowledgable

me either

I think this a scam as well, and I don't know why Dave & Bryan gave him time or at least had a followup acknowledging that it was stupid to do so, but...

Man, you're a douche.

You should write a column about it Todd. Speaking of which do you think Public Enemy are viable HoF candidates?

Dylan Waco angry about Bryan having the WRONG OPINIONS about wrestling again is he?

I am mildly annoyed about you having NEEDLESSLY DEFENSIVE OPINIONS about Meltzer and Alvarez, and bizarrely specifically defending against Dylan even though he's hardly the only person here who thinks that way, but I can work around that.

What on earth are you even talking about here? Wow wrong on three fronts.

Dylan's "Bryan Alverez has the worst taste in Wrestling in the world" all because he likes different things than he does supposedly bit he trots out is rather ridiculous and tired thats all. Especially now Dylan seemingly has extended it outside of Wrestling as well.

me either

I think this a scam as well, and I don't know why Dave & Bryan gave him time or at least had a followup acknowledging that it was stupid to do so, but...

Man, you're a douche.

Before someone drags this over to Bryan, they should get my full post that the edited sentence is from rather than just the chop job by Dylan. My full comment isn't remotely that harsh.

John

What are those three fronts? I want you to tell me now so we're all 100% clear about what we're talking about.

Dylan's "Bryan Alverez has the worst taste in Wrestling in the world" all because he likes different things than he does supposedly bit he trots out is rather ridiculous and tired thats all. Especially now Dylan seemingly has extended it outside of Wrestling as well.

As a talking point, how do you extend "Bryan Alverez has the worst taste in Wrestling in the world" outside of wrestling? Isn't that, by definition, a wrestling-specific talking point? And again, Dylan is hardly the only person saying that about Alvarez. I'm not sure he's even the most vocal. He's certainly not the most prominent. If you were going after all those who shit on Alvarez, and Dylan was one of the many targets, that'd be one thing. But specifically latching onto Dylan makes no sense to me.

Stopped at the point where you posted "talking point" as nothing ever good comes out of that. Like these odd avenues of discussion you are prone to go down and tie people up in, SLL. Obviously Bryan is knowledge as that is how he works the marks on his site AM I RITE?

Can we get back on topic and leave this type of awfulness to that ridiculous thread on DVDR?

me either

Man, you're a douche.

You should write a column about it Todd. Speaking of which do you think Public Enemy are viable HoF candidates?

Don't know why calling me Todd Martin is an insult. Because he has different opinions than you?

And wouldn't you as the ECW superfan be the one to pimp P.E. as HOF candidates?

Stopped at the point where you posted "talking point" as nothing ever good comes out of that. Like these odd avenues of discussion you are prone to go down and tie people up in, SLL. Obviously Bryan is knowledge as that is how he works the marks on his site AM I RITE?

Can we get back on topic and leave this type of awfulness to that ridiculous thread on DVDR?

The topic is "Johnny Mantel is scamming people, and Dave and Bryan are stupid for buying into it". You seemed to take issue with that. Strictly speaking, we never went off-topic. I wrote....

There were obvious shots fired at you in there. I don't deny it. But as I said, I can work around you. I can keep the heart of the discussion where it belongs - Mantel running a scam and Dave and Bryan falling for it - while acknowledging you in passing. But if you insist on inserting yourself into the discussion, I expect you to actually bring something to it. You said:

I said:

What are those three fronts? I want you to tell me now so we're all 100% clear about what we're talking about.

I'm still waiting for an answer. I want to know what my on-topic counterargument is going to be against before I make it. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Instead, I get some jive about taking threads down odd avenues. Don't get me wrong, I know what you're talking about. You're talking about how somebody will say something stupid, will refuse to back down on their claim when called on it, and then I'll swoop in and basically hound them into submission, ruthlessly picking apart every flaw in their argument, exposing the new ones they hastily create as the old ones fall to the wayside, typically uncovering further levels of stupidity from the OP. You obviously don't think of it in those terms, but where you see "odd avenues", I see "logical conclusions of illogical arguments", "pulling the threads", or possibly "death by analysis" in extreme cases.

But now we're actually getting off-topic.

So...what are those three fronts?

What Johnny Sorrow is talking about:

Figure Four After Dark with Karl Stern: Alabama hauntings, mysteries of the area woods, tons more

It's the very first edition of Figure Four After Dark, a labor of love from Bryan Alvarez patterned after the old Art Bell Coast to Coast AM/Dreamland shows of the mid-90s. We're joined today by Sgt. Karl Stern of Haleyville, IN to talk local Alabama area legends, such as the ghosts of the Dead Child's Playground, Cry Baby Hollow, black panthers, the Goatman, plus asides on such topics as mass animal deaths, Roswell, the Patterson film, and so much more. No wrestling on this show, but 90 minutes of fascinating discussion. If you have ideas for show topics, guests, helpful criticism or comments, please email me at [email protected]. It's the first show, so go easy on me.

Notes on Figure Four After Dark show

By Bryan Alvarez

I want to deeply thank everyone for all the positive feedback following the first After Dark show on Friday night. I got more feedback to that show than literally any radio show I have done in years, perhaps ever. Suffice to say the show will return, though we don't have a guest or second date yet.

I figured there would be some interest in these sorts of fringe topics since pro-wrestling is essentially a fringe sport, but I was shocked by just how much of a crossover there apparently is. Therefore, I've opened a new After Dark folder on the board for fans of the genre to post stories, guest requests, debate topics, etc. For those that don't normally venture onto the board, it will be a moderated section. I won't be censoring debates or theories or anything like that, only completely useless or blatantly trolling posts, which if you've spent any time on the board are pretty easy to identify.

Karl Stern will also be a moderator, and I want to personally thank him for making the first show what it was.

The folder can be found by scrolling down to the very bottom on the board. Hope to see some new faces there and have fun!

I guess S.L.L.'s More Wrestling Than Wrestling columns for Cageside Seats were far more ahead of the curve than even we could have possibly dreamt of. :)

I figured there would be some interest in these sorts of fringe topics since pro-wrestling is essentially a fringe sport, but I was shocked by just how much of a crossover there apparently is.

Wut.

Therefore, I've opened a new After Dark folder on the board for fans of the genre to post stories, guest requests, debate topics, etc. For those that don't normally venture onto the board, it will be a moderated section. I won't be censoring debates or theories or anything like that, only completely useless or blatantly trolling posts, which if you've spent any time on the board are pretty easy to identify.

Heaven forbid that anyone sully the faux Coast To Coast AM discussion! You must behave when Bryan starts a ("secret" because it's not in the podcast feed even though it's on the main page...huh?) show about conspiracy theories!

Also, should they really be referring to "Sgt. Karl Stern" when that's not his real name? Karl Stern isn't a police officer, his real name that I forget is.

To anyone who braved this thing, did Bryan forget to capitalize "black panthers" or was he talking about actual big cats? I'm really afraid of the results if Bryan and the "Dragon King" were actually talking about The Black Panthers.

I would be interested in hearing an Alvarez/Stern discussion on the differences between New Haven chapter with it's cultural nationalist leanings and L.A./Bay Area Chapters that were engaged in state of open warfare with Ron Karenga's United Slaves cultural nationalist organization. Also I imagine an extended discussion of how Geronimo Pratt's prison memoirs stack up next to Countdown To Lockdown could make for an interesting listen.

Why the negative response to Bryan putting on a Coast-To-Coast type show? He's talked about loving Art Bell's stuff since 2005 when he started his site so it's not out of nowhere.

I don't understand why a guy doing an extra radio show has to be criticized on this board.

It's really not fair to assume that everyone who posts "on this board" has the same opinion on everything.

That's an issue I have with your posts sometimes. We're not of a singular mind. There are plenty of people here who get along, and some who don't. There are plenty of people here who agree more than they disagree, and vice versa.

One person posting one opinion (or 2-3 agreeing with it on a board with a few dozen regulars) isn't reflective of the entire board.

I personally think it's silly that Bryan is doing it, and I also think it's kind of ass backwards that he wants to moderate a forum on this topic, but not moderate a wrestling message board where Dave Meltzer posts. But that's my opinion, not "this board's" opinion.

If you want to argue the merits, feel free, but there's no need to paint everyone with the same brush.

I don't think anybody here has criticized the idea that Bryan's doing the show, just that the stated reasoning is goofy and the idea that he's insisting on moderating the forum for the related topics and nothing else is ridiculous.

That, and as far as myself goes...I think all that Art Bell type shit is garbage. I DO like the "local legends" and stuff like that. Hell, I was a suscriber and contributer to the "legendary" Weird NJ magazine.

Like I said SLL once the "talking points" or the "strawmen" come out nothing good ever comes out of it. Im sorry that for some people liking Shawn Michaels totally invalidates their opinion inside and outside of Pro Graps

The best thing ever is now Alverez seems to want to be Art Bell. :lol:

He has always wanted to Art Bell.

Hate to generalise but I know some of you like to moan about a website that you dont subscribe to but Dave Meltzer DID at one time have is own forum on their but he gravitated towards the non-moderated section.

Who ever said liking michaels disqualified someone from being treated Seriously? given your self professed status as iwc crusader for contextual accuracy I assume you have plenty of evidence to support the claim. I would love to see it. I would also love to see you share an opinion on actual wrestlers, matches, et, as well.

Who ever said liking michaels disqualified someone from being treated Seriously? given your self professed status as iwc crusader for contextual accuracy I assume you have plenty of evidence to support the claim. I would love to see it. I would also love to see you share an opinion on actual wrestlers, matches, et, as well.

Not to mention I have read a few things from you over the years that were complimentary toward Michaels. Granted, most of it was in regards to older stuff, but when I think of the biggest Michaels haters out there, I don't automatically put you in that category.

Not to mention I have read a few things from you over the years that were complimentary toward Michaels. Granted, most of it was in regards to older stuff, but when I think of the biggest Michaels haters out there, I don't automatically put you in that category.

As one who has been critical of Shawn, even I don't think that liking Shawn disqualifies someone from being treated seriously.

John