Pro Wrestling Only

Bruce Hart's book

rovert

Bruce Hart pulls no punches in candid new memoir.

In his new autobiography, Straight from the Hart professional wrestler Bruce Hart reveals his personal take on the wrestling business and his family’s place in it – two subjects that he claims have never been thoroughly covered by other books.

Hart writes in the foreword of his new memoir, “A number of books (have been) written about the Hart family. The bio of my dad by Marsha Erb was nice – although Stu, true to his old-school roots – didn’t divulge much about the inner working of the business . . . the ones written by my other family members seemed to me to have been penned either to get back at others, or to gratify their egos.”

Hart has long been respected by the wrestling community for his dedication to the business and for his candor. Indeed, WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon once wrote in a letter addressed to Hart, “Your respect and passion for the wrestling business is greatly appreciated, as well as your ‘shoot me between the eyes’ viewpoint.”

Straight from the Hart begins with Hart’s unique childhood. He was the second of what would become a brood of twelve children and raised in a house where men like Andre the Giant might be seated at the breakfast table. Throughout the book Hart recalls the close-knit ties his family had with the wrestling business first describing what it was like to be trained by his father and fight both with and alongside his brothers Bret and Owen, and later, why his family’s business was destroyed by McMahon’s WWF, and finally wrestling fans will find out what really happened behind the scenes of the infamous “Montreal screwjob.”

It is on the subject of his brothers that Hart writes the things that only a brother and fellow wrester could, without vindictiveness but without any sugar coating. He reveals the huge toll steroids and other drugs have taken on his friends and family, what it was like to write his brother Bret’s newspaper columns while the “Hitman” was on the road, the reasons behind the tragic death of Owen, and the effect it had on his family.

Packed with Bruce Hart’s amazing personal stories and new insights, Straight from the Hart is a remarkably honest look inside wrestling’s most famous family and is a must-read for all wrestling fans.

This has been released ahead of schedule here and now available on Amazon.

I expect this to be sleazy, off the wall and great.

what really happened behind the scenes of the infamous “Montreal screwjob,”

That concerns me a little bit.

Bret Hart raised concern on this specific issue on the LAW radio show. Essentially saying that it is ok for Bruce to play coulda, woulda and shoulda so many years on and when he wasnt there. Bret said he hadnt read it.

On one hand, Bruce's wild tales and his constant shifting around on which side of the fence to take could make for an entertaining read.

On the other hand, I'll be interested to know if Bruce is willing to be able to paint a picture of himself in the same vein that Bret painted the picture of himself. In Bret's autobio, he made himself out to be a conflicted individual who, on one hand, tried to justify a lot of dumb stuff he did, but on the other hand, wrote it so that it seemed like there was always this nagging doubt in his mind as to whether it was justified.

If Bruce can even come close to portraying himself that way, I'll be impressed.

I'll end up buying this book, maybe more for curiousness than actual interest, but I'm mostly looking forward to Jericho's new book.

Here is the product description:

An entertaining follow-up to their popular book A Lion's Tale, international wresting superstar Jericho and co-writer Fornatale continue their chronicle of Jericho's wild ride through the wacky world of professional wrestling. This book picks up where the earlier book ended—with Jericho in 1999 joining Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Enterprise, the most important venue in wresting—and ends with Jericho's return to the ring in 2007 after a two-year retirement. Jericho hilariously details these key years as WWE's resident bad guy. His feuds with WWE's colorful (and colorfully profane) cast, including the likes of X-Pac, Ken Shamrock, Chyna, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, and Christian, are solidly recounted, although most of this will be old news to hardcore WWE fans. But the most interesting stories involve his battles on- and off-stage with such better-known stars as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Goldberg—whom Jericho once had run over by a limousine during an episode of WWE's Raw series. It is here that Jericho shines and proves once again that, next to Mick Foley, he is an insightful and funny observer of pro wrestling's absurd universe. (Feb.)

One wrestler is noticeably missing from the on/off stage battles…

Speaking of Jericho's book, I was amused by Wade Keller's latest audio update where he crowed "I told you so" because Jericho has a chapter admitting that he didn't know how to work WWF (main event) style when he first entered the promotion and poked fun at Foley while mentioning that he wrote the foreword to the book. :)

I'll end up buying this book, maybe more for curiousness than actual interest, but I'm mostly looking forward to Jericho's new book.

Here’s is the product description:

An entertaining follow-up to their popular book A Lion's Tale, international wresting superstar Jericho and co-writer Fornatale continue their chronicle of Jericho's wild ride through the wacky world of professional wrestling. This book picks up where the earlier book ended—with Jericho in 1999 joining Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Enterprise, the most important venue in wresting—and ends with Jericho's return to the ring in 2007 after a two-year retirement. Jericho hilariously details these key years as WWE's resident bad guy. His feuds with WWE's colorful (and colorfully profane) cast, including the likes of X-Pac, Ken Shamrock, Chyna, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, and Christian, are solidly recounted, although most of this will be old news to hardcore WWE fans. But the most interesting stories involve his battles on- and off-stage with such better-known stars as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Goldberg—whom Jericho once had run over by a limousine during an episode of WWE's Raw series. It is here that Jericho shines and proves once again that, next to Mick Foley, he is an insightful and funny observer of pro wrestling's absurd universe. (Feb.)

Oh Trips IS in the book as is the Undertaker. Jericho talks about being by his account stupid rubbing both up the wrong way early in his first WWE stint. As well as stating he kind of stunk and couldnt work WWE style.

Here’s is the product description:

Oh Trips IS in the book as is the Undertaker apparently. Jericho talks about being by his account stupid rubbing both up the wrong way early in his first WWE stint. As well as stating he kind of stunk and couldnt work WWE style.