Wrestlemania XXVII

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

They do a Money in the Bank PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV and an Elimination Chamber PPV?

Yes and a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Pay-Per-View. I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish. They got rid of King of the Ring, they got rid of Survivor Series (or wanted to) but they keep making gimmick shows, so I'm not sure what the point is.

#22 kjh

kjh
  • Members
  • 3122 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Cageside Seats WrestleMania coverage so far:

[Potential spoilers] - Does WWE need Sting at this year's WrestleMania?

WrestleMania update - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson rumoured to be the celebrity guest host for WWE's flagship PPV event, new main event planned

#23 Al

Al

Because a wrestling avatar seemed appropriate

• Members
  • 2993 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

They still do MITB ? Seriously ? *yawn already*

People have turned on MITB already? Seriously? It's usually one of the best matches on the card, the only downside has been how they've kind of booked themselves into a corner with the winner getting the title every time, so it's going to end up like the Rumble where only certain guys logically can win it.

I wished it would've gone away two years ago. You either end up repeating the same match over and over or you do increasingly dangerous spots that endanger the health of your workers. Even good spotfests get old after awhile.

#24 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

WrestleMania update - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson rumoured to be the celebrity guest host for WWE's flagship PPV event, new main event planned

That Wrestlemania update article makes me angry because it refers to movie characters as heel and face.

#25 kjh

kjh
  • Members
  • 3122 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, I know that was naughty of me, but I did it because of the stories that Johnson wanted to promote the movie like a dream wrestling match: Rock vs. Vin Diesel. :)

#26 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1401 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

God I hope it isn't HHH v. Taker.

Small price to pay if it's the end of his wrestling career.

I always thought I would be excited for this day too, but he can do a lot more damage running the company than he can as a wrestler. I'm really scared of Vince retiring with this succession plan in place. But I don't know what Vince could possibly do with his free time if he retires, seems like he would go nuts.

#27 Guest_Talon_*

Guest_Talon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:51 PM

I always thought I would be excited for this day too, but he can do a lot more damage running the company than he can as a wrestler. I'm really scared of Vince retiring with this succession plan in place. But I don't know what Vince could possibly do with his free time if he retires, seems like he would go nuts.

Except apparently HHH is the guy behind the pushes for ADR, Ziggler, Miz, Barrett, etc...go figure, right?

#28 Victator

Victator
  • Members
  • 1615 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

If he is not wrestling HHH will be fine.

#29 El-P

El-P

NFLTG

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

They do a Money in the Bank PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV and an Elimination Chamber PPV?

Yes and a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Pay-Per-View. I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish. They got rid of King of the Ring, they got rid of Survivor Series (or wanted to) but they keep making gimmick shows, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Way to make these gimmick matches not special at all.

#30 kjh

kjh
  • Members
  • 3122 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:19 AM

But Vince is already nuts! ;) I honestly don't know whether Vince's negatives outweigh his positives at this point and him having less input wouldn't be a bad thing. Apparently the few TV tapings Hunter has run were a much less stressful environment to work in. He certainly has more appreciation of the history of the business than the alternatives who could have come to power. I think it's also a good sign that he's willing to step aside from his wrestling career, unlike so many other bookers/owners who clung on for far too long.

#31 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jerry Lawler's mother, Hazel Lawler, died on Sunday evening. She had suffered from Alzheimer's disease for the past six years and her condition began to rapidly decline over the past month.

Funeral arrangements will be made today for a ceremony scheduled for Wednesday at Family Funeral Care in Memphis located at 4923 Summer Avenue.

Lawler is scheduled to be in Anaheim, Calif. on Monday for the live Raw TV taping leading to Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV. Lawler will be challenging WWE champion The Miz for the WWE Title at the PPV.

Poor Jerry :(

#32 Sean Liska

Sean Liska
  • Members
  • 1401 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Except apparently HHH is the guy behind the pushes for ADR, Ziggler, Miz, Barrett, etc...go figure, right?

Where is this info from? That's the first I've heard of it.

#33 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 11088 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Alberto was pushed because they need a new star for the Hispanic audience since they don't think Rey (or his knees) are too long for the WWE Universe.

#34 kjh

kjh
  • Members
  • 3122 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Alberto was pushed because they need a new star for the Hispanic audience since they don't think Rey (or his knees) are too long for the WWE Universe.

Also, he's pushed because Rey is difficult to work with (complaining about pay, refusing to do jobs, wanting more time off) and they want to replace him as the top Hispanic star with someone who'll be easier for them to handle.

#35 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18959 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Who has Rey refused to job to?

#36 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11088 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Holy shit @ at the pop Rock got tonight, that was right up there with Jericho's debut and Austin coming out to help Foley win the title.

#37 Eduardo

Eduardo
  • Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

Who has Rey refused to job to?

Apparently, Rey vetoed losing the IC title to Dolph Ziggler, but that was after WWE promised him a long reign with the IC title. Shortly after, he was suspended for a Wellness violation.

#38 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 11088 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Oh wow, Rock-Cena for WM? I think this show just got saved.

#39 Guest_kowking_*

Guest_kowking_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Oh wow, Rock-Cena for WM? I think this show just got saved.

I wasn't sure that's what he was saying -- he made that remark about how he'll see Cena -- and then sort of backpedaled and said, "just like I'll see everyone else"

Though who knows.

#40 Boondocks Kernoodle

Boondocks Kernoodle
  • Members
  • 1025 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Certainly teasing Cena-Rock and not delivering would be a bunch of crap, but I don't see it happening. Dave made a comment on Saturday's Observer Radio that Michael Cole's match would be the most important on the show --which seemed ridiculous to me because how could Lawler vs Cole be a main event-- but if he means Rock vs Cole, then I understand. Sort of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users