Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-01-09-WWF-Superstars] Update: Razor Ramon attacks Owen Hart

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

They show Owen Hart being interviewed on Mania by Raymond Rougeau, talking about his background growing up. Razor Ramon crashes the party and beats up Owen to build to the Rumble. Gene Okerlund is absolutely appalled!

Razor and Bret then do promos in front of green screens to hype the show.

Ah, simple PPV builds, where did they go?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

No complaining about being in Bret's shadow yet. As Owen talks about the Dungeon, Razor flies into the screen and levels him with a clothesline. "Daddy teach you that one, mang?" Razor's a supreme dick here. Basic but effective and well-done angle.

Okerlund is good here, though a few weeks later--I don't know if it's on the Yearbook--he tops himself with "The actions of this Clown are DEPLORABLE."

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know. I think I'd have rather seen Hall attack Bret directly; Owen's not even aligned with Bret in any way but blood right now, so the attack didn't really accomplish much. Bret talks only a little more heatedly than usual, so it wouldn't seem to be bothering him enough that he can't wrestle his normal style of match at the Rumble. Of course, if I'd been booking Hall wouldn't even have been in the match. This would have been Flair's swan song, as he would have lost to Bret in a title vs. career match (with Curt, who would have stayed a heel, in his corner).

Since Lawler's issue with the WWF in Memphis at this time centered around Koko, it would have been nice to have Owen join him there and see what High Energy would have been like as heels, especially with the gaudy checkered outfits they wore.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-01-09-WWF-Superstars] Update: Razor Ramon attacks Owen Hart