Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-02-06-USWA-TV] Doink the Clown and Miss Texas

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Miss Texas is out in boxing gloves to respond to Prentice. Prentice comes back out and calls her a man in drag and says she's slept with half the wrestling promoters. It's all an ambush for Doink to throw a pie in Miss Texas' face. Prentice then throws her down on the floor and beats her up as Christopher and Doink laugh hysterically. Lawler and Jarrett come back out for the save.

Doink throwing a pie in Miss Texas' face makes this whole segment worth it, in spite of the unneeded man-on-woman violence.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

It's Bubba Johnson vs. Big Bertha Prentice this Monday night in a boxing match. Prentice confronts Texas during her promo, and cracks me up talking about how he would never want a body like Texas'--"you wish you looked as good as me!" Doink is back out and pies Texas. That is just ridi-ku-luss. Prentice stiffs Texas, just to add an exclamation point on all this. Dave Brown is disgusted and appalled--that Clown is getting to be a problem!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Papa hasn't learned his lesson, I see.

Look, I get that Doink's supposed to be an evil sucker, so if you want him to pie Jackie and humiliate her, I'll deal with it. But having Prentice beat her up on top of that is not only unnecessary from a violence standpoint, but it kills the boxing match, because now the fans want to see Lawler and Jeff string him up instead. Not that the world was exactly dying to see Jackie vs. (presumably) Bert Prentice in drag anyhow.

Dave's been peeved before, but he practically exploded (at least by his standards). I think the line that set him off was the one about Jackie sleeping with half the wrestling promoters. From then on, he just got madder and madder. As for Corey, if he couldn't mispronounce "ridiculous", I doubt he'd have a job, because his Lance Russell impression got old by the third week he was on the air.

If they hadn't gone with a midget, Brian would have made a wonderful Dink. I could just imagine him as Doink's partner in crime, paint, wig and all. Does anyone know if Lawler tried to get him into the WWF this early?

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-06-USWA-TV] Doink the Clown and Miss Texas