Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-02-06-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Lawler and Jarrett recap all the chaos Doink has caused on this unreal episode of television. Jarrett bitches about Bret not giving him a title shot when he asked for one several months before. Lawler does one of his typically great babyface promos.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lawler tries his best, but he's been outtalked for one of the few times in his Memphis career. That probably won't be a weekly occurrence (assuming that the Lawler-Brian feud continues) but it was definitely the case today. As for Jeff, this is a bit of an odd time to demand a WWF World title shot. Even assuming that Vince (or Jack Tunney, if you prefer) decides to send Bret to the MSC, there's only one man who'd be getting a title shot, and it sure isn't Jeff.

This was obviously before Lawler started working Raw. I've always been curious how they changed the MSC schedule so that Lawler could work Raw on Monday nights and still be available to headline (at least in most weeks) the USWA's biggest weekly show.

I wonder if the WWF at least inquired about Dave possibly coming north. I honestly don't know where he would have fit; Vince wasn't giving up Superstars or Raw, and they had JR coming in to do Challenge and pay-per-views. Once you get past those shows, what he would have gotten probably wasn't worth leaving a steady job at WMC for. I actually think Cory might have had a better chance of fitting in; he might have been an upgrade over guys like Todd Pettengill, assuming that he could have improved his elocution, which is a fair-sized longshot.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-06-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett