Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-02-06-WCW-Saturday Night] Sting vs Barry Windham

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Last few minutes. The ref bump is brutal. Harley Race brings out a strap for Windham to use, but Sting cuts him off and uses the strap himself to clothesline Windham and then pick up the pin. He then hangs Windham from the ropes with the strap, but Vader comes out for a quick save.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Good action, with Sting grabbing a strap given to Windham by Harley Race and clotheslining him for the pin. Sting then goes nuts afterward and hangs Windham with the strap! That's hardcore shit. Vader pulls Windham to safety and Mike Atkins awards Windham the victory by disqualification. More Omni hype--aw shit, it's been awhile since we had to hear that.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The only problem I had with this was that Atkins reversed his decision before Sting even had the chance to let Windham go, It was almost like the Sting pin wasn't planned, so they had to make up a reason to go with the booked finish, which was Barry by DQ. It may not have actually been that way, but if they wanted to have the finish they did, they should have ended the show with Sting as the sinner and announced the reversal at the top of the show the following week.

I didn't think the bump Atkins took was any worse than the ones refs usually do, but I'm sitting at my computer twenty-three years after the fact, so how would I know?

Should anyone care, Vader beat Sting by DQ at the Omni. Harley rang the bell to distract Sting and save Vader from the Scorpion, so Sting retaliated by nailing Vader with it.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-06-WCW-Saturday Night] Sting vs Barry Windham