Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-02-13-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Lawler responds to Brian Christopher bringing Lex Luger in to the USWA.

Love Lawler mixing two 80s songs together: "I'm sure that you think your future is so bright you gotta wear sunglasses at night."

Another great Lawler promo. Funny to see him doing wrestling promos on his son.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Lawler ain’t down for passing the torch on to the next generation. He don’t think Christopher’s future is all that bright. He ain’t tired of holding the belt and Brian would be the last person he’d want to be champion. Way to boost your son's confidence.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I would have loved to see Luger doing The Narcissist in Memphis. Sorry we don't seem to have any footage of it.

As for the promo.......look, Jerry, I know you're too vain to admit that you have a son as old as Brian is, but you know you're his father, and so does he. So dial it back a little, huh? Maybe you went this far overboard in order to kill the idea that you'd go soft on your kid, but hearing you talk about hurting him, embarrassing him, and giving him the whipping he should have gotten long ago is just creepy. So is the stuff about him being the last guy you'd want to pass the torch to, especially because that part turned out to be true.

I'm not exactly sure how you should have gone about this other than admitting that Brian's your son, which I know you don't want to do, but I can't be the only one who feels the way I do about it. It might have been easier for everyone if he'd gone somewhere else to learn the business, even as good as he's been in Memphis so far.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-13-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler