Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Cornette does color commentary and says he wishes both teams would die, that they would both drop dead and turn blue! This is a #1 contenders match for the SMW tag titles. At the announce booth, they discuss that Cornette has petitioned to make it where any three of the Bodies and Eaton can defend the tag titles. The Heavenly Bodies and Eaton come out with popcorn and soda as Cornette touts Stan Lane's experience at drive-ins! Fuller is way above Golden as a talent, but this is a decent match. I love Fuller's overhead suplex from a DDT position, I have no idea what to call that. Finally, Golden comes down and scatters Bobby Eaton's popcorn all over the place. Eaton retaliates by throwing his drink in Golden's face, leading to a Rock & Rolls win. I love that finish.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cornette on commentary and the Bodies making nuisances of themselves are the big highlights. The match is just there, aside from Fuller's awesome suplex thing. Caudle hypes a SMW Wrestling School at one point, which amuses Cornette considering who's in the ring. He and Caudle continue:

"I know, you're going to say that when the Rock 'n Rolls get in the ring with the Heavenly Bodies, they're REALLY gonna go to school."

"NO! That's what Ric Flair would say, all the Heavenly Bodies are going to do is beat their stinking brains in!"

Oh, and there's also Dutch's tantrum after the ending.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This is a number one contenders match for the tag team title and Jim Cornette provides commentary whilst the Heavenly Bodies and Bobby Eaton show up at ringside with chairs, drinks and popcorn to get a better view of the action. Ricky Morton and Jimmy Golden collide and Golden takes a fall outside of the ring right in front of where the Bodies are sat. Eaton throws popcorn at him and he responds by snatching the bag off him and hitting him with it. The popcorn goes everywhere and Eaton takes a pretty funny bump backwards off the chair. Eaton picks up a drink, throws it at Golden and Morton schoolboys him for the pin.

Fun finish and the match itself was okay, nothing special or anything. Agree with the comments that it was often hard to concentrate on with Cornette's comments and the Bodies and their antics at ringside.

• 7 months later...

From the minute the Bodies sat down, you knew the match was going to have some screwball finish. I didn't think we were going to get a pinfall here, clean or otherwise; even given what happened to cause it, that puts the Studs squarely in third place where the feud's concerned, which they have been ever since it started.

Nice to see Shoo Baby back with Dutch; I only wish we could have seen him use it.

Caudle and Corny were a hoot on commentary, and hearing Corny rip both teams to pieces was classic. The only problem I had was putting SMW's condolences to Andre in the middle of it all; Corny was too wound up to even ackowledge what Bob had said; there was a pause, a "That's exactly right", and bang, into the next joke.

I thought we'd get more interference from the Bodies, but that would have taken away from the finish. It seems like Bobby's in the middle of everything they do lately; there's no way that's not a message from Corny about how Bobby was misused in WCW.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-20-SMW-TV] Rock & Roll Express vs Stud Stable