Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-02-12-AAA-Sin Limite] Misterioso & Volador vs Tony Arce & Vulcano

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

There was some nice stuff here and I liked how it was paced, but at the same time, it seemed like there was no real shift in momentum that meant anything at any point, so it was a lot of spot, stand around, spot, stand around. The spots are nice, and some of the schtick is really entertaining, but there's something keeping this match from clicking for me. It may just be lack of familiarity with the participants. I had planned to keep an ongoing list of stuff to rewatch at the end of the set. This is the first item on that list.

• 2 years later...

Way too much stop and go after they would hit a move to the point it got frustrating. Teammates arm dragging the other on to an opponent outside ring was cool. The submission to end the second fall was funny. A rush of blood to the head caused the guy to give I guess. Match had it’s moments.

• 3 months later...

A lot of arguing over the cornermen, or something. In my experience, Jim Duggan's argument over bowing to Meng at Uncensored '95 is the gold standard for excruciating stalling in wrestling, but this gives it a run for its money. Incidentally, I think Vulcano is one of those seconds and that it's Rocco Valente who's teaming with Arce here.

Los Destructores show some mat skills but holy hell, are they not afraid to stall the shit out of a match. Not all that compelling stalling either. There are some tremendous moves here, with the technicos' flying and some of Los Destructores' high-impact double-teams. And some good hot near-falls down the stretch. I loved the technicos doing a funky double-team submission and then the other rudo diving on top to turn it into a double pin-attempt (it's useless to try to describe it and I can't even tell the rudos apart, but trust me--it was cool). And seeing "new" guys is always fun. But this is not going to be a top finisher for 1993 lucha highlights.

• 1 year later...

Very stop & go, with an in ring spot followed by some stalling. A few high spots keep things interesting, but there's absolutely nothing compelling here. nothing so particularly compelling. Misterioso & Volador win first fall via countout. Arce & Vulcano win 2nd fall with double submission on Volador. Faces with nice double dives in the 3rd. Misterioso another dive where his feet seem to get caught on top but luckily didn't get killed. Volador seems to pin Arce, but apparently not. 3rd fall definitely quicker. Arce pins Volador for the win. Way too long.

**1/2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Most of what I was going to say has already been said. This felt like the second or third match on a card, an appetizer to get the fans ready for the main course. It would have been easier to watch if I could have told the heels apart, but it's nice to see that I wasn't the only one with that problem for once.

There were a few nice moves ( a hip toss off the apron doubleteam taking the place of a straight dive, for one), but there was nothing truly memorable about this, especially for people like me who have their issues with lucha to start with.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-12-AAA-Sin Limite] Misterioso & Volador vs Tony Arce & Vulcano