Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-03-06-SMW-TV] Kevin Sullivan vignette

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sullivan has slipped paperwork into the SMW offices that were unknowingly signed off on, and the company is now forced to pay for his therapy sessions or else face a discrimination lawsuit. Sullivan is having fun naming the seagulls after his Smoky Mountain enemies, lures them in with food, then pulls out his spike. This continues to be the best use of Sullivan since Florida if not ever.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The latest therapy session for Kevin Sullivan which is being paid for by SMW after a clerical error made by the secretary whilst Bob Armstrong was over in Japan. Sullivan is on beach feeding the birds calling them the names of different Smoky Mountain wrestlers, before pulling out his spike and going after them.

Incidentally, this was the first therapy session video without an appearance from Nurse Kratchett, who was played by Nancy 'Woman' Sullivan (although she is always only shown from the neck down).

• 8 months later...

Nancy in SMW? Why the hell didn't Corny use her on camera, either with Kevin specifically or as another heel manager in general? I would have loved to see her taking a young Tammy Fytch under her dastardly wing.

As for the promo, it was too short to be a classic, but I agree with those who say that Sully hasn't looked this good in years. I haven't seen his Florida stuff, but I have seen the Varsity Club, Sullivan's Slaughterhouse, and the Gamesmaster, and this is better than any of that stuff by a country mile. Whether Corny allowed him to book his own stuff or just had a talent for writing this demented character, he's the scariest heel in the business since Jake in late '91-early '92.

Which beach did they film this at? They probably wouldn't have had the money to go down to Florida, and the Outer Banks are (I believe) on the wrong side of North Carolina to be in SMW's footprint. Could Sully have shot this himself in Florida (assuming he still lived there) and sent it to Corny for him to use?

• GSR changed the title to [1993-03-06-SMW-TV] Kevin Sullivan vignette