Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-03-16-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada vs El Signo & El Rudo

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Lots of fun here, and a promising first look at Sasuke who's way over in his first chronological appearance. Hamada is his usual awesome self, Signo provides some chunky fat luchador offense, and Rudo (who is this guy? Would he be more well-known as another name?) keeps up. Somebody interferes when Sasuke dives out to the floor and whacks him with a chair, allowing the rudos to steal an upset countout win.

• 1 year later...

Lucharesu! Made up words! Hamada's headbutts are pretty cool. He moves so well and would continue to do so for years. Sasuke with an Asai moonsault, which gives Hamada time to work some nice pinfall combos inside. Then Sasuke with a sick dive off the top. This isn't great but its very fun, which is good enough. Seems to be a DQ right after the dive? Post-match beatdown that looks like its taking out Taka Michinoku.

**3/4

Lots of fun here, and a promising first look at Sasuke who's way over in his first chronological appearance. Hamada is his usual awesome self, Signo provides some chunky fat luchador offense, and Rudo (who is this guy? Would he be more well-known as another name?) keeps up. Somebody interferes when Sasuke dives out to the floor and whacks him with a chair, allowing the rudos to steal an upset countout win.

If I remember correctly El Rudo, The King and some others that showed up in these tours are Laguna region locals.

• 1 month later...

I dug this at a look into M--pro in its infancy. Rudo and Signo were like the porky generic heels that come in and our taped by Black Terry Jr. Hamada did all of his signature spots and Sasuke showed real promise in delivering highspots with the same amount of grace we just saw in the AAA tag team. M-Pro has become one of my favorite 90's promotions from watching these sets and this was a good starting point to go by. ***

• 1 year later...

This is the first Michinoku Pro bout I've ever seem that I know of, and the action looked very good. I was prepared not to like it much, but these guys surprised me, particularly Rudo and Sasake, who were the stars of their respective teams. There wasn't any new ground broken or anything, but the lucha-type spots we've all come to know were done very well.

The countout finish was a bit of a letdown, but since this is one of the promorions first cards and they want to build up some feuds, I'll overlook it

I had no idea what went on in the postmatch brawl except that Sasake got his mask pulled off. I noticed that for whatever reason, Signo and Rudo didn't participate.

I don't know if I'll end up a fan of this promotion or not, but based on this match I'm willing to give it another chance.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-03-16-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada vs El Signo & El Rudo