[1993-03-27-WWF-Superstars] Jim Duggan vignette

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Legitimately good promo from Duggan, manufacturing an All-American 2x4 from All-American wood, so he can take it to Yokazuma. I don't get all the bitching about jobbing out Steve Austin to this guy--with the fire and love for his country he showed here in this comeback, the United States championship was the only logical conclusion to the story.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I preferred the first promo, but this one was inevitable, as Duggan had to be seen as getting back into fighting shape to go after Yoko. I liked the brief glimpse of Duggan's special two-by-four being made in the lumber yard, and the only thing missing from the promo itself was "HOOOOOOOO!" Maybe they were saving that for the following week.

Duggan in Hogan's place at Mania? I actually can buy that after seeing this angle unfold. I could even buy the immediate challenge, as Hacksaw would have a lot more right to be angry about Yoko winning the title than Hogan would. He wouldn't be any sort of long-term champion, especially with Luger warming up in the bullpen, but a two-month reign ending at King of the Ring as Hogan's did wouldn't be much of a stretch.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-03-27-WWF-Superstars] Jim Duggan vignette