Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-04-05-ECW-TV] Music Video: The Sandman

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So surreal watching this twenty years later. I'm sort of amazed no snarky heel in late-ECW ever brought this up. It seems like the sort of thing Cyrus would've aired on "the network" to rile everybody up.

I loved it though. It's a one-note gimmick, but that suits me just fine. The little James Bond-style circle thing was just the icing on an already cheesy cake.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The different gimmick wasn't the shocking part to me; it was the choice of music. If there's any artist that's less like the ECW we all came to know than Billy Joel, I'd like to know who it is.

It's always interesting to see Hak as an actual wrestler, because once his found his cigarettes and his Singapore cane, his skills went into hibernation and very seldom came out again. He actually looked good here in Memphis against Lawler.

• 4 months later...

While this was obviously done by the USWA people (I think Randy West was still around), this never aired on any USWA TV show. The footage in question here is from December 1991 - January 1992. Even my 14-year-old dumb ass thought it was awfully suspicious that any surfer would be braving the winter in Mid-America rather than, you know, surfing in sunny El Lay. I also at that time thought Sandman was one of the very worst I'd ever seen.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-04-05-ECW-TV] Music Video: The Sandman