Pro Wrestling Only

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Eaton takes a great bump outside the ring from a Lee body check before taking a backdrop on the gym floor. He avoids a crossbody off the top and lays a few shots in on Lee before whipping him into the ropes. Lee ducks an Eaton clothesline and comes back with one of his own to score the pin, become the new Beat the Champ TV title and send Eaton packing to WCW (Bob Armstrong had found out that he never got his release and the moment he lost the TV title he was sending him back there). Cornette shoves Lee after the match, who then grabs him by the neck and takes him down but Eaton whacks him in the back with the racket. The Heavenly Bodies come out and they all go to work on Lee while Cornette throws Mark Curtis out of the ring. The Rock & Roll Express make the save and Cornette calls for more back up in the shape of Killer Kyle. Cornette's team do a number on the faces with Cornette himself getting involved, putting the boots to Ricky Morton and with liberal use of the tennis racket too.

Things are hotting up for the Rage in the Cage!

• 9 months later...

I wondered why they squashed Bobby and forgot about him so quickly. I notice that Magnum said above that it was Bullet Bob who found out that Bobby hadn't gotten his release from Atlanta and agreed to send him back. I take it that means that this was an angle of some sort that was played out on TV, because if it had been real life, Bobby wouldn't have had a job to go back to.

Nice to see Kyle again; we haven't heard from him since before the Bluegrass Brawl. I guess he'll be the one teaming with Stan and Dr. Tom now that Bobby's gone.

They're already hyping Rage in the Cage, which looks at the moment to be Rock 'n' Roll, Lee, and two other faces against the Bodies, Kyle, Corny, and one more heel. I know this lineup changes a lot over the summer, and it'll be fun to track those changes as we move along.

Boy, Corny seems to get a kick out of beating up Morton in particular. He gives racquet shots to almost everyone, but when it comes time to punch or kick someone, Ricky's almost always his target. He also seems to love to pick on Mark Curtis/Brian Hildebrand, who in real life became one of his closest friends in SMW.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-05-01-SMW-TV] Bobby Eaton vs Brian Lee