Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-05-04-ECW-TV] Terry Funk vignette

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Funk from the Double Cross Ranch! He's looking for Gilbert with his horse Clyde, then, sees Gilbert is there in the form of Clyde's ass. He proceeds to explain the rules & regulations of a Texas Chain Match to Gilbert. Lifting Clyde's tail to make sure Eddie hears him. He asks what Eddie thinks about that, then lifting Clyde's tail as he rips ass. "Your voice has changed but your breath is still the same. My goodness. Hot Stuff." Best promo of the year. ECW!

• 2 months later...

For Funk nonsensical promos, this was tops for me with the Horse Ass's getting an Eddie Gilbert graphic and Funk doing some great facials and one liners. We have another strong feud in 1993. It is amazing that 2014, I struggle to think of great blood feuds and something like this wouldn't sniff my top 3 for the year so far and has been immensely entertaining.

• 1 year later...

If their upcoming matches arre anywhere near as entetaining as this promo was, Funk-Gilbert ought to be one of the best feuds of the year. Let's just hope that their eventual ECW matches aren't trainwrecks like a couple of the bouts they've had so far in Philly this year.

I can't wait to see what response, if any, Eddie has to this. He won't top it, but he can be pretty clever himself if the mood strikes him.

I see by the May match listing that we have at least two more of these to go. For all of our sakes, I hope they're different from this one. After all, how many extended fart jokes, even brilliant ones, can we possibly take?

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-05-04-ECW-TV] Terry Funk vignette