Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-06-29-ECW-TV] Eddie Gilbert: King of Philadelphia

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm not sure what it says about this segment that Tod Gordon outperformed Eddie although he was also annoying as all hell. How do you expect your heels to get heat when you talk over them and call them embarrassments to their faces, Tod? If you feel that way, suspend Eddie and proclaim Terry Funk the King of Philadelphia, like he probably should have been from the start.

Now that he has his own kingdom, Eddie doesn't seem to know what to do with it. I don't think he got the reaction he wanted from the public, who seemed genuinely confused by this joker in a king costume suddenly showing up out of nowhere, and his standup with Sulli wasn't much good either. Jay outperformed him too, and I thought pigs would fly sideways the day Jay Sulli outperformed​ anybody​, much less Eddie Gilbert. Heyman had it easy; all he had to do was introduce this crap.

I saw the chain match on Will's ECW set, but I don't remember much about it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. All I can say is that it better be worth the trouble it caused.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-06-29-ECW-TV] Eddie Gilbert: King of Philadelphia