Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-08-28-AAA] Octagoncito & Mascarita Sagrada vs Espectrito & Jerrito Estrada

Loss

• 3 months later...

Fun stuff! Espectrito is awesome. All I've really seen of him before is the Sagrada singles match from '94. There's a size dynamic at play, as Estrada and Espectrito are much bigger than their opponents, so the match has lots of bullying, and Octagoncito and Sagrada are game for taking crazy bumps. No real structure to speak of, but really good action.

• 2 years later...

Oh man the primera was rocking the joint with Espectrito ruling it so hard. He's such an amazing worker, I've got to seek out more of the green dude. I love both the lil' tecnicos too. Jerrito was okay. The remainder of the contest was up and down so it didn't fulfil its early promise. There was enough goodness here for the minis to steal the show.

• 3 months later...

Fantastic opening fall that the rest of the match sadly can't quite live up to, as this meanders quite a bit in the second and third. Espectrito takes one of the most ridiculous bumps ever, trying the Steve Austin "butt drop on the ropes" move, and bouncing off all the way to the center of the ring. Consider how short he is and you'll grasp how absurdly far he flew on that move.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The first fall might have been the most physical match or section of a match I've ever seen from midgets, as Estrada and Espectrito beat the living hell out of the tecnicos in just about every possible way. The second and third falls didn't stand out quite as much, but there's no comparing any of this to the half-baked comedy that most American midget matches are. I have a hard time clicking with most non-singles lucha matches, but this one was something special.

The spot I'll remember most was each of the technicos taking am extremely high flapjack. Most off the time when that move is done, the guys doing it just stretch out their opponents to arm's length and drop them face-first, but Sagrada and Octagoncito really went up into the lights.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-08-28-AAA] Octagoncito & Mascarita Sagrada vs Espectrito & Jerrito Estrada
  • 5 months later...

This was an absolute hoot. Is Espectrito the best mini wrestler ever (I don't count Virus in that because he's spent the last twenty years working with the main rosters)? Sagrada has a shout as well, but I'm partial to Espectrito because he's an incredible base, an incredible bumper and an incredible rudo dickhead bully. The chemistry between them is really awesome though and they did a bunch of neat shit together in this, like Espectrito gorilla pressing Sagrada and threatening to fling him into the first row (some guy is like no no please don't throw that man into my grandmother's face and beverage) and the amazing bump he takes off the ropes just as you think he's about to Fuerza Bump it to the floor. Half pint Octagon might be a better wrestler than full pint Octagon and he got the absolute dogshit beaten out of him, then hit mini Estrada with a fucking CORKER of a tope. Jerrito looks about as sleazy as the actual Jerry Estrada and I want you to think about that for a second because that is some outrageous amounts of sleaze. He was also really fun in this but I don't think he was even a wee bit blootered or unfit for work so I question his dedication to the character. Third caida had some awesome rudo bullying and the part where Espectrito full force booted Octagoncito's teeth out the back of his head was absolutely spectacular. 

• 2 years later...

The Minis got a great reaction from the hot Los Angeles crowd. Sagrada got a big pop and Octagoncito got an even better response as the match progressed. The crowd was electric but the action was nothing more than solid. The rudo team had some neat double team moves, like when they launched Sagrada six feet in the air. Sagrada had some cool spots when making his hot tags (Octagoncito was the one bumping and selling for the mspt part) but this didn't peak too high. The finish was nice with Sagrada pinning with a sunset flip. ***