Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-05-UWFi] Yoshihiro Takayama vs Hiromitsu Kanehara

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Early on Kaneharu racks up a big points lead and looked impressive in doing so. The beast would fight back and turn it around. Solid stuff. It's always a good sign for a promotion when your undercard workers can produce matches at this level. Takayama may have been unpolished at this stage but the big man always had a big ring presence.

• 2 months later...

Takayama is not the most proficient is getting the single leg and Boston crab submissions on. His balance does be off at times. But he is very determined and pays off with finally being able to sit back and get the submission win. I liked that he would not give up on getting the submission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Another good match for early Takayama. I liked that they made Kanehara look real credible here and they had some wicked exchanges. These UWFi matches featuring Takayama don't have the execution or technical proficiency of some of the best RINGS stuff but they are highly entertaining and almost feel like grindhouse style movie fight scenes.

• 1 year later...

Takayama got the hell kibked out of him early on, but capitalized once it became obvious that Kanehara had hurt his back, and kept at the crabs (both half and full) until he got the submission. You don't often see body part psychology in shoot-style, so it was a welcome treat to see it here.

Until I read this thread, I had no idea which guy was which because the ring announcer had marbles in his mouth. My understanding of Japanese is zero, but I'm usually able to pick out the wrestlers' names clearly at least. Get this guy some elocution lessons!

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-05-UWFi] Yoshihiro Takayama vs Hiromitsu Kanehara