Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-18-SMW-TV] Rock & Roll Express vs Bruise Brothers

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Footage from a different and presumably earlier show than before. An attempted switch by the twins is unsuccessful, and the double dropkick nets the tag titles back. I'm sure the fact that their matches are almost all finish-only on these sets, but as little excitement as I feel over the Harris Twins, I haven't seen anything that's made me want to jump on the FF/Skip button either.

Cornette and the twins are back on TV--Cornette is angry that the Harrises forgot his coaching while he was laid up, and were spending too much time listening to Kevin Sullivan. The Bruise Brothers are now on double-secret probation, and the Heavenly Bodies will leapfrog them for title shots.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Double dropkick to one of the twins and Mark Curtis tries to usher Ricky Morton back outside the ring. Cornette gets up on the apron distracting Robert Gibson and allowing the twins to switch places. Gibson is unaware and gets nailed with a big clothesline for a near fall. Cornette is back on the apron remonstrating with Curtis, another double dropkick, Curtis shoves Cornette down, counts the pin and the Rock & Rolls Express are once again the tag team champions.

Huge ovation for the win and only the ending aired, but the more these two work together the better the matches are and the twins look.

Back in the studio and nly the Rock & Roll Express could win the tag team belts in the middle of Jim Cornette's most successful week ever. He tells the Bruise Brothers that they let him down, have been spending far too much time listening to Kevin Sullivan since he was laid up, and not enough time paying attention to what he told them. He’s sending the Heavenly Bodies after the Rock & Rolls as they are a proven commodity and the Bruise Brothers are on double secret probation. They need to get their stuff together and if there is no further action of this type, then they will be back in good standing with the organization

• 9 months later...

Is it me or did Ron and Don shave their beards for the interview?

What we saw of the title change looked good, and I'm sure that before too long one of the Harrises will remind Corny that if he hadn't been arguing with Curtis, Rock 'n' Roll would have never hit the second double dropkick because Curtis would have ushered one of them out of the ring.

It sure seems like they were building toward a feud between the Bodies (with Corny) and the Harrises (with Sully), before Sully decided to go to ECW instead. That's too bad; I'd have loved to hear the verbal war that was sure to break out between Sully and Corny. The question is: Which team would have eventually ended up turning face?

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-18-SMW-TV] Rock & Roll Express vs Bruise Brothers