Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-19-WCW-Fall Brawl] Nasty Boys vs Arn Anderson & Paul Roma

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looked to be a better match than Steamboat/Regal, but still nothing special.

Seriously, what were you smoking this day ?:)

The three best things about this match are : 1/Missy Hyatt's boobs 2/Missy Hyatt's ass 3/Ventura's comments about Missy Hyatt.

I forgot how boring and sloppy the Nasties were when they are not thrown around by the Steiners. Arn playing babyface in peril just doens't work for me, and he's clearly on cruise control at this point. The standout is Paul Roma, which should tell you how mediocre this match was. This incarnation of the Horsemen was truly worthless.

(gotta love the smart alec fans chanting "Roma ! Roma !", the same who chanted "Steamboat sucks !!" earlier on)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not a particularly vocal crowd, and I don't recall any reason being given for anyone to care about this match to begin with. Damned if Roma isn't pretty energetic upon getting the hot tag. Nasties win the tag titles, yippee. Halloween Havoc '90 this wasn't. Never really grasped what Missy was supposed to add to this duo. She didn't even play a role in the finish.

EDIT: If Missy could talk worth a damn, then her motivation (getting back at Ric Flair for continuously blowing her off) would be something I'd regard as pretty cool long-term storytelling. But she can't, so I won't.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I guess this being in Houston is why the crowd is kind of mute. Never thought of Houston as a WCW mainstay at all. ANyway, I liked what we got of this again and while Roma hasn't gotten a good crowd reaction, his hot tag here was really well done execution wise and the missile dropkick looked really good. Finish was fine too as he hits the swan dive, but Sags comes off with an elbow and Knobbs pins Roma before Arn is able to realize what is happening. Missy's leopard suit doesn't look to be containing the two big, beautiful...... eyes very well.

• 9 months later...

Well now...you guys are going to make me watch this now...I'm a sucker for leopard print. Shanghai Pierce was a masked wrestler. Lol. I never knew that.

YOWZA!!! She should have never cut her hair. WOW! How come Tony & Jesse did not know she would be with the Nasties yet there were multiple signs knowing she would be with them. That many smart fans in 1993?

WCW World Tag Team Champions Arn Anderson & Paul Roma vs Nasty Boys - WCW Fall Brawl 1993

Missy Hyatt. Leopard Leotard. Swoon. *****

• 4 months later...

Missy does nothing for me in any way, make, shape or form, or in any universe. Neither does the finish here, which wasn't "What the....." bad, but was yet another step in the stupification of WCW referees. I thought one of the top rules of booking was not to run the same kind of finish more than once a card, but I guess we aren't under those rules anymore, because this is the second referee distraction finish that I've seen so far. If your referees are that easily distracted that often, wouldn't it be prudent (in a kayfabe sense) to bring in new referees?

Roma was the only one who had any discernible energy in what we saw. Everyone else seemed several steps slow, including Arn, who's almost always at the top of whatever game he has on a given night.

As for Missy and her motivations, this was yet another WCW screwup. If Missy wants to get back at Flair for whatever she thinks he did, wonderful. But have her come out with Rude, not the Nasties. This incarnation of the Horsemen hardly "works individually, but thinks collectively", to quote Arn; Flair has barely appeared with Arn and Roma from what we've been able to see. So how does showing up in the Nasties' corner get back at Flair when he's barely shown a passing interest in anything Arn and Roma have done since the group reformed? I was willing to give this Horseman unit a fair chance when it was formed in spite of the bad reputation it had;. it's just a shame that Flair, Arn, and Roma weren't.

One final tip for the gang at CNN Center: When you decide to put a manager with your new tag team champions, use one who can talk better than they do. Missy sure as hell doesn't qualify for that with the Nasties, as she and Sags both made negative sense in the postmatch interview. Knobs wasn't exactly Piper in his prime either, but in the land of the idiot, the moron is king.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-19-WCW-Fall Brawl] Nasty Boys vs Arn Anderson & Paul Roma