Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-19-WCW-Fall Brawl] Cactus Jack Special

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recap of the Jack/Vader feud, complete with Lost in Cleveland footage. This is an excellent way to showcase how this angle went from legitimately harrowing and emotional to stupid as all hell to something salvageable. All "Lost in Cleveland" is basically chalked up to Jack playing mind games.

• 1 year later...

The Lost in Cleveland stuff wasn't as terrible to me watching in the confines of weekly episodic stuff but when it is spliced all together like this, yeah it is pretty shitty. Jack does a promo at the end that is fine but this kind of shows that WCW had good pieces of talent in 1993, just couldn't fit them all together. In a lot of ways, it honestly feels like 2015 WWE to me in that regard.

• 1 year later...

The only really good part of this is Mick's end promo, although that goes off the rails a bit too with all the talk of sippong tea, brutality and reality. How about insanity and banality just to round things out?

I'm glad the stuff involving Harley getting gifts didn't make the set. What little we saw here looked slightly better than Lost in Cleveland, but that's hardly high praise. The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that they shold have just forgotten about Mick altogether from the night he was hurt until the Clash where he returned, ehich would have guaranteed that siad return wouldn't have been just a surprise, but a jaw-dropping shock.

I guess WCW had to bleep out the words "Big Van" when referromg to Vader, because you can see Mixck's lips moving the firstr time Vader's mentioned, although no sound comes out.

I always suspected that Colette and Dewey Foley weren't really involved in this angle, but it foes my heart goof to hear Mick confirm it for all the world to see.

Welcome back to WCW, Chris Cruise. In case you couldn't tell, he was the one who narrated this recap.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-19-WCW-Fall Brawl] Cactus Jack Special