Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-25-SMW-TV] Interview: Sensational Sherri / Down and Dirty: Brian Lee, Ron Wright & Tammy Fytch

Loss

• 4 months later...

Sherri makes threats to Tammy Fytch and is screaming and scary and AWESOME.

Then, we segue to an interview with Brian Lee, Ron Wright & Tammy Fytch. Tammy responds by calling her an "ex-convict" who has more hair on her legs than Smothers!

Wright asks how DWB is, and Tammy quickly tells him not to worry and that DWB is fine. Seems to be the start of some type of face turn.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dutch is absolutely distraught over his job prospects now with Cornette out of the picture, and he glumly sends us to another Sherri video making more threats at Tammy.

Tammy delivers a hilariously over-the-top response, calling Sherri a gorilla and hoping Tracey Smothers is decapitated in a truck accident! Lee, now with requisite Evil Goatee, promises to take care of Smothers in the ring. Fytch also speaks for Mr. Ron Wright, and takes him to "go read" when he asks about where the Dirty White Boy is.

Dutch: "Can I get impeached, too?"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Before Dutch brings out Lee, Fytch and Ron Wright we get some more video comments from Sherri Martel. She says that Tammy Fytch has been known to interfere a little in Brian Lee’s matches and give him some type of glove. Well when she sees her at the Parade of Champions and shows her what wrestling is all about, the only thing she will want to do is go back to books at Wellesley College. When she gets through with her she’s not going to bother anyone in Smoky Mountain Wrestling ever again .

I think this was the basic gist of what she was talking about as I thought the interview was all over the place talking about wearing gloves, the 4th of July, putting on bras and strutting around etc and not a patch on the one she cut last week.

Back on the set and Dutch says that he’s nervous right now (about his prospects now that Cornette is no longer in charge). Fytch claims that Sherri is nothing but an ex-convict and that Tracey Smothers has less hair on his legs than she does! Sherri’s like a gorilla. She’s not a lady she’s a man, like a truck driver! She hates Tracey Smothers and hopes he gets into an accident and decapitated, then his head rolls down the road and a truck flattens it out! Lee tells her not to go worrying about an accident as next time Smothers steps in the ring with him it’ll be the biggest accident of his life. Dutch asks Ron how he is doing and just as he is about to answer Tammy pipes in and says he’s just fine, he looks healthy, is getting his medicine on time and is happy. Wright says that he is, but is wondering how the Dirty White Boy is doing as he hasn’t seen him in sometime. Tammy tells him not to worry about the Dirty White Boy as he is fine and that it’s now time for them to go

• 10 months later...

First of all, how did Tammy and Brian end up with "custody" of Ron? Was it an arrangement made with Tony? Did they kidnap him? Was it ever explained on TV?

Tammy outtalks Sherri here by a comfortable margin. She's not the slightly nervous little girl she was even a few weeks ago; she's comfortable on the stick and knows how to project anger instead of just trying to sound detached or coquettish. She's almost unintentionally comical when she talks about how she wishes Tracy would be decapitated and his head smashed flat by a truck, but that's a necessary step in finding her own promo voice. She handled Ron with just the right amount of fake concern; I loved the eyeroll when he asked how Tony was. Speaking of whom, I'm sure he'll have something to say on this situation before too long.

As for Sherri, she's in there pitching, but her fastball's losing steam. She really hasn't been the same since Savage gave up the crown after Mania VII. I wish she could have stayed Sensational Queen and gone looking for a King to share her palace with instead of just showing up with Teddy.

Dutch barely being able to function for fear of being impeached like Corny was a hoot. This is the perfect type of wrestling comedy: good for a laugh, but not insulting to the audience's intelligence. It's hard to believe that the Dutchman will be out of SMW in about six months.

First of all, how did Tammy and Brian end up with "custody" of Ron? Was it an arrangement made with Tony? Did they kidnap him? Was it ever explained on TV?

He ended up moving in with them as they were 'worried' about him living on his own.

It started back when Wright put a bounty on Tracey Smothers, and there was a dispute over who should've got the money, either the Dirty White Boy or Brian Lee (it took place at Fire on the Mountain which I didn't watch). Basically Tammy used her charms to get Ron to give them the money (lots of neck rubs for 'Ronnie', kisses on his forehead) and then continued to schmooze him knowing that they could continually exploit him and get more of cash. He eventually moved in with them so Tammy could keep an eye on his medication, give him his neck rubs when he needed them etc. The White Boy was concerned with what was going on, but Wright had just had his head turned by an attractive young lady and didn't realise what her alterior motives were.

Thanks for the backstory, Magnum. It didn't make either the SMW set or this one, for whatever reason. I'm sure Tammy was dynamite in the vignettes that had to be part of it.

Corny always tried to keep abreast of popular culture when he could, Pete. I haven't seen much of Anna Nicole Smith (though of course I've heard of her), but from what I ​have​ seen, Tammy was much better on camera; Anna Nicole always seemed kind of ditzy, and ditzy wasn't going to draw money, at least in the angle they were doing. It's not often that wrestling does real life better than real life does, but this may be one of those times.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-25-SMW-TV] Interview: Sensational Sherri / Down and Dirty: Brian Lee, Ron Wright & Tammy Fytch