Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-28-ECW-TV] Public Enemy vs The Headhunters feud highlights

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joey Styles continues to put himself over at the expense of the match. Hey dumbass, if somebody can see this "any night on the streets of New York," why the fuck should people be paying money to see it in an arena?

Big, sloppy, and stupid won't get the Headhunters nowhere. This is an admirable attempt, but both guys are really awkward on the stick. Hip-hop has been a cultural force for over a decade at this point, and so far the best representatives that the wrestling world has offered us are two skinny rednecks from Tennessee.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

The clips are actually from the Headhunters-Crash/Perez match at UltraClash.

I liked the promo a lot, especially the line about Rocco and Johnny being among the first generation of American children that are more afraid of living than dying. No, this isn't a "good" promo, and why should it be? These guys aren't supposed to be used to talking; they're street fighters. Street fighters talk like street people, or at least they should. We tend to compare every promo to the best from guys like Flair, Dusty, Lawler, and others, and complain when they don't measure up, and that's not fair. I'll bet there were plenty of ECW fans in the Arena that night to watch Johnny and Rocco beat the crap out of the Headhunters, and that's the bottom line, as a wise beer-swilling redneck once put it.

After all the hype, the Headhunters never showed up for the match, which took place on night two if Graham's site is correct.

I don't know about the rest, but I'd definitely pay big money to see Jimmy Snuka and Terry Funk in a cage, even at this stage of their respective careers.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-28-ECW-TV] Public Enemy vs The Headhunters feud highlights