Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-10-16-WWF-Superstars] Update: Survivor Series hype

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

With the poor attendance for Boston Garden and other venues too I wonder what the big draw was for selling out the Garden so quickly for Survivor Series. Was the only PPV ever held there and with a new venue already being announced maybe that was the draw in itself. We are back to the tag team elimination format after 1992. Tatanka still a part of the All American team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I really miss Mean Gene for stuff like this. He was a better natural shiller than Gino, who comes off as a bit too hard-sell even for the WWF.

Selling out any ​arena in one hour was a big deal for the WWF at this time, let alone a major arena like the Boston Garden. Remember, their "main building" at this time, if you can call it that, was the Manhattan Center, since they weren't running MSG every month anymore.

I'll be interested in seeing how this match evolved, now that I know the match that we actually got at Survivor Series. Most of the pieces fit already, but I'm curious to find out what happened to Tatanka.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-10-16-WWF-Superstars] Update: Survivor Series hype