Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-10-23-SMW-TV] Tammy's Tips

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This week Tammy is looking at ‘dining etiquette’ as although it probably hasn’t happened yet, one of these days ladies, before you die, you will be asked out by a man and he may want to take you out to dinner. She has told Margie that she is preparing chicken kiev, parsley potatoes, a vegetable medley and salad and she should be with her any minute. Margie turns up but couldn’t find any chicken so has bought deep fried chicken instead. Tammy isn’t impressed! Margie is struggling with what fork to use for her salad and when Tammy tells her to eat her chicken she picks it up with her hands and is then even more disgusted. She tells her that a lady never eats anything with her hands and you should always use a knife and fork. Margie then finds it tough to cut the chicken and Tammy says that a woman with her figure shouldn’t eat fried food anyway!

Tammy is wonderful in these segments, so patronizing and condescending to everyone.

• 10 months later...

Of course Tammy wouldn't know this, but fired chicken's meant to be eaten with the hands; the breading's too tough to cut through.

I agree with Loss that I'd be mad if I was expecting a fancy full-course meal and got takeout fried chicken instead, and I say that as one who ​likes ​takeout fried chicken. I would have actually liked to have seen a segment where Margie tries to cook a fancy dinner with Tammy's help, but given how legitimately middle-class (for lack of a better term) Margie supposedly was, it's probably best that we didn't get it.

I'm with Tammy on another thing: cole slaw, at least the kind you get at Hardee's, looks legitimately disgusting.

The moment that made this whole thing came after the segment was supposedly over, when Margie triumphantly picked up the chicken with her hands and took a great big bite while Tammy buried her head in frustration. I cracked up when I saw that, and I don't do that too often when I'm watching wrestling, even the comedy segments.

Given how much Corny loves Wendy's, I'm surprised we got a segment that used Hardee's instead. They could have made the meal Margie was supposed to cook beef stroganoff or something similar if they'd wanted to use Wendy's.

Line of the segment goes to Margie when Tammy asks her why she didn't cook the chicken Kiev: "I couldn't find the Kievs, so I got Hardee's instead." What do you want to bet that they didn't have to script that line?

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-10-23-SMW-TV] Tammy's Tips