Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-10-23-WCW-Saturday Night] Nasty Boys vs Marcus Bagwell & 2 Cold Scorpio

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's not that Tony & Jesse weren't interested, they were using special mics to make the TV audience hear clearly what was happening inside the ring, the interactions between the wrestlers, referees and managers, so the commentary had to be reduced to the minimal. Decent match, but man the Nasties aren't getting their stock up with me thus far. Really sloppy and boring and offense. With them and Harlem Heat showing up as the big two heel teams on the tag ranks, the tag team division's future really looks ugly.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bagwell & Scorp are now under the tutelage of Teddy Long, the first of many undercard babyfaces to come. The ring is supposedly mic'd, but you don't hear much more than you do in a normal TV match. Okay but not overwhelming action, and Long actually makes himself useful, preventing Missy Hyatt from interfering and leading to an upset for the tag belts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

There wasn't enough here to get the flavor of what was going on. I agree that the mic'd ring gimmick didn't add much to the clip we saw, but maybe it was better earlier.

I liked Jesse getting on the Nasties for picking Buff up. He needs to show from time to time that he doesn't blindly support the heels no matter what, and this was a perfect way and time to do that.

Teddy's a much better fit with Buff and Scorp than Missy is with the Nasties, although to her credit Missy at least tries to look the part with her jeans and leather jacket, which is more than I would have expected out of her.

Let's see what happens in the rematch!

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-10-23-WCW-Saturday Night] Nasty Boys vs Marcus Bagwell & 2 Cold Scorpio