Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-10-30-USWA-TV] Interview: PG-13 / Brian Christopher vs Wolfie D

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Midget D is now in the corner of PG-13. He's a midget, not a dwarf, and has a pacifier in his mouth--could PG-13 have been ahead of their time with regard to rave culture as well as hip-hop?

Good studio match follows, with JC Ice and Dave Brown bickering the whole way through. Midget D breaks up a pin attempt and Christopher, God bless him, actually sells for him. Little Eagle comes out to even up the sides.

• 2 years later...

The highlight of this match wasn't the in-ring action; this was pretty much a bare-knuckles brawl from start to finish. No, what made this match worth seeing was Jamie's commentary. It was almost all standard heel complaining, but he delivered it in such a way that you couldn't help but be entertained. Dave was the perfect straight man for him, calling him out several times for not ​calling Wolfie out, as if the man would criticize his own partner. I liked how he admitted that he still didn't approve of Brian's tactics although he was now a face, but that Brian used those tactics as payback for what Wolfie did to him throughout the bout.

I could have done without two attempted interference spots; either Jamie or ​the midget attempting to interfere was okay, but both interfering makes Wolfie look weaker than you'd like one-half of your top heel tag team to look.

Am I the only one who wants to see a match between Midget D and Little Eagle? It would probably be wall-to-wall comedy, but Memphis training and booking their own midgets (if that's what they're doing) is definitely a positive development.

One thing Dave and Jamie didn't mention: Wolfie's opponent in the hubcap on a pole match.

The highlight of the commentary wasn't wrestling-related. It was Jamie blaming Dave for the apparent snowstorm Memphis was having that day. (It would make sense that there was snow in Memphis, as we in Pittsburgh had one of the earliest snowstorms I can remember the very next day. The next earliest one I can remember happened in mid-November of 1980.) Dave no-sold it almost completely; I guess he figured that Jamie's complaining about Brian's tactics was enough of an annoyance. The one good thing about the snow was that It kept Corey at home.

The prematch promo was hilarious, talking about how Brian used to beg Jamie and Wolfie for rides to the various towns on the Memphis loop. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the three of them really did​ ride together, mostly because of their similar age and experience levels.

• 3 months later...

Really enjoyed this studio match. Both guys worked hard and had a few minutes to stretch out things while Midget D and JC iCe were entertaining on commentary. Finish is predictable but it kept things moving along and it feels like this was a pretty solid episode of USWA overall even if we didn't get any highlights of WWF vs Memphis. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [1993-10-30-USWA-TV] Interview: PG-13 / Brian Christopher vs Wolfie D