Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-10-30-WCW-Saturday Night] Battlebowl Control Center

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who was hired and fired more often, Marty Jannetty in the WWF or Chris Cruise in WCW? Another montage of wrestlers explaining the Lethal Lottery and BattleBowl, but since this is the Bischoff Era we get stupid stock horror music underneath it. Once again everyone is in Pure Sports Build...except Johnny B. Badd, camping it up bigger than ever.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think the Nasties were in super-serious mode either, Pete.

I'm not sure I liked Austin, Rude, and Knobbs being quite so dismissive of the Lethal Lottery. As we've seen before, it's possible that they'll draw a partner who decides that they'd rather have a piece of their hide, even if it costs them both a spot in Battlebowl.

I thought Rude summed it up as well as could be with "Eenie-meenie-miney-moe, who's my partner? I don't know." They could have just shown that clip and saved themselves a lot of money. I liked his singles bar analogy as well.

It's a shame that this concept was dumped (at least I think ​it was) the following year; I'd have loved to see, say, Hogan and Flair as reluctant partners. (Speaking of which, isn't it true that every single Lethal Lottery match this year had a face and a heel taking on a face and a heel? Talk about ruining an interesting concept.)

Nice to see Crispy Cruiser again; even if he's only doing studio segments, it's a better gig than being the voice of some going-nowhere indy promotion in Philly, which is where I think we saw him last in the Yearbooks.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-10-30-WCW-Saturday Night] Battlebowl Control Center