Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-11-24-WWF-Survivor Series] Interview: Shawn Michaels / Interview: Hart Brothers

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Michaels has been reinstated. He is claiming to be the only Intercontinental Champion. Stu is wearing a Detroit Pistons jacket backstage. They must have went into the gift shop to get him the Boston Bruins one to wear to ringside since they are in the Garden. Michaels mentions Ross being a fireman and Bruce a substitute teacher.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Shawn did his best to make this feud his own, but I just can't buy it. As I said in an earlier thread, they'd have been better off claiming that Lawler ran scared and having the Knights wrestle Bret, Owen, and either Bruce or Keith by themselves. Even Shawn basically saying that if Stu and Helen had been his parents, he'd have kiled them long ago wasn't enough to get much of a reaction from me. Sorry, Vince, but your Plan B just isn't going to work.

Ray looked more than a bit uncomfortable here, and he really shouldn't have; he'd been around wrestlers enough times while hosting Feud​ and at other WWF events (he was also a guest at Mania VIII, if you remember) that he should have known how they conducted business on camera. If he was trying to "sell" fear, he did a lousy job of that too. I can't help but think how much fun Richard Dawson would have had with a match like this; then again, he'd have probably outtalked all four of the Harts in spite of himself.

I didn't notice that Stu was wearing a Pistons jacket; back then, they were a heated rival of the Celtics, so it made sense for him to ditch it fast in favor of a Bruins jacket. At least he could have worn a Flames jacket originally and claimed hometown pride.

• 3 months later...

Much better promo by Shawn here than the stuff we saw at the Hart house.

Stu switching jackets to the home team was sly. The Hart Family promo was fun and got over the family feud narrative of the match heading in. I did like how Bret essentially just shifted his threats for Lawler to Shawn.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-11-24-WWF-Survivor Series] Interview: Shawn Michaels / Interview: Hart Brothers