Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-12-04-WWF-Superstars] Update: Continued tensions between Bret and Owen

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Gorilla has his opinion of what happened at Survivor Series. I'm sure it is biased towards the faces. Video from Harts match at Series. Monsoon doesn't give his opinion of what he thought about Survivor Series but lets get some comments from "Cain and Abel". Gorilla is more biased than Heenan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Owen cuts a very good promo, while Bret's remarks seem unscripted and from the heart (no pun intended, now or in the future). That's a perfect encapsulation of how far apart these two are at this time.

I thought I read somewhere that Vince thought about turning Bret at first when this feud was proposed, but went with Owen because he saw Bret as his new face of the franchise and didn't want to mess things up. If that's true, it was certainly the right choice. because Owen's already embraced being a heel thoroughly. It's tough to even remember him as a face at this point.

Gino's certainly a bit more blatantly pro-face than Okerlund was on these segments, but he wasn't too bad here. After all, he didn't come right out and specify which Hart brother was Cain and which one was Abel, and he's shown in past segments that he can be as unsubtle as a haymaker when the mood strikes. In all seriousness, though, if Pettengill is the successor to Mean Gene as top interviewer/studio guy, shouldn't he ​be doing this segment?

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-12-04-WWF-Superstars] Update: Continued tensions between Bret and Owen