Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-12-11-SMW-TV] Tracy Smothers vs Jimmy Del Ray

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Bob Caudle wants us to know he never voted for Cornette at manager of the year. Jimmy Graffiti? I had forgot Del Ray in WCW. I still wish Bodies were pushed more in WWF. Lee and Tammy come ringside but they are quickly followed by Anthony and Dirty White Girl. They cancel each other and Smothers gets the win with the Jaw Jacker.

• 1 month later...

Fun little match. A Triple Threat Match, Lee vs. Smothers vs. DWB, is set for Christmas Chaos. Good way for Cornette to blend the territorial wrestling of the past with where wrestling was going in the future. This and the 9-man team brawl are possibly the most logically built triple threat matches in the history of wrestling.

• 2 years later...

Brian Lee and Tammy Fytch come to ringside to watch the match but are soon followed out there by Tony Anthony and the Dirty White Girl. Tracey climbs to the top turnbuckle ready to hit the jawjacker, when Lee gets on the apron about to interfere. The White Boy pulls him down and gets between him and the ring to make sure that there isn’t any. Smothers hits the jawjacker and becomes the new Beat the Champ TV titleholder. Short match, action was good although too short to amount to anything

• 11 months later...

I agree with Magnum. Gigolo Jimmy could have been anybody and the match would have played out the exact same way. It was a decent five-minute match, but not much more than that.

I liked Bob admitting that he never talked about Corny as Manager of the Year because he'd never voted for him. In any other sport, that would be a case of extreme bias, but in wrestling, where you're allowed to openly dislike your enemies, it was refreshing honesty.

I also liked Dutch saying that Tracy should worship the ground he walks on for picking his (Tracy's) name out of the hat. We'll miss this kind of humor when Dutch leaves in the spring.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-12-11-SMW-TV] Tracy Smothers vs Jimmy Del Ray