Photo
- - - - -

Amateur Challenge (WCW Saturday Night 12/11/93)

WCW Saturday Night December 11 1993 Amateur Challenge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43526 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43526 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

Make. It. Stop.

#3 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

We are getting to the bottom of the barrel with these video tapes as someone cuts a promo on Paul Roma.

#4 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9278 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Schiavone informs us that the Amateur Challenge is STILL ON, which I'm not sure is supposed to be a reassurance or a threat. 

#5 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

Son of Sam sounds like it could have been something. I'm not sure why the guy targeted Roma in particular, but find the right guy to play it and the right manager to talk it up (neither of which were here, unfortunately) and it might have drawn some money. He needs to be taller than six-four, though.

"Roadhouse Renegade" and San Francisco don't quite go together. The guy should have been a small-rown Southerner. Otherwise, he wasn't bad.

So this series ends on a not-too-humiliating note. There weren't nearly as many total dipsticks as the threads led me to believe, and a few of the tapes contained at least the makings of talent. Unfortunately, WCW did something with only one or two out of all the ones we saw (mostly lifting the gimmicks for their own purposes), so it all turned into a waste of time for the viewers, which may also describe the promotion as a whole at the moment, considering some of their booking decisions lately.

#6 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10329 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:14 AM

We get a promo from the woods this week. Again, these aren't funny or interesting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users