Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-12-25-SMW-TV] Dick Murdoch vignette

Loss

• 4 months later...

Dick Murdoch goes house shopping with what I am assuming is his wife in Colorado, talking about how Mama Cornette is offering enough money to make this worth his while and that they'll be able to afford any house he wants, where all he has to do is take out The Bullet. This is great.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

He’s out with his lady friend looking at houses, although the woman is a bit concerned about whether they’re going to pay him enough to be able to afford one. He tells her not to worry about is as when Mama Cornette calls him she pays him, when Mama Cornette tells the big man to come there’s money on the line, and all for just going to Tennessee to whip Bob Armstrong. The only other person Mama Cornette calls to get things done is her son, but when she wants a man’s job done she calls the big man, Captain Redneck! They find a house they like and Murdoch tells Armstrong to get ready because this is their Christmas present and when Mama Cornette calls and offers him the money, he gets on Delta Airlines and goes where he is needed. Bob Armstrong may be fooling all those hillbillies in Tennessee because he’s under a mask, but when Jim Cornette called him, told him and asked him if he was interested in coming? Bingo, he’s on his way and Armstrong’s days are numbered.

These segments have been really fun and especially like Murdoch referring to himself as ‘the big man’.

• 11 months later...

Whatever you think about the matches these promos led to, there's no denying that Murdoch still brings the goods verbally. I liked his lady as well, wondering if Mama Corny was going to come through or not but obviously having the time of her life house shopping without coming across as a greedy hussy.

I detected a slight note pf (kayfabe) disrespect to Corny in Murdoch's tone of voice, but why would someone as tough as Murdoch give "little Jimmy boy" a second thought? After all, his mother's the one paying the freight (including past bail).

Assuming that these weren't filmed in front of a green screen, I'm wondering how Murdoch ended up in Colorado. You'd think someone as passionate as he supposedly is about Texas would have found someplace to settle there.

These vignettes have me hoping that I run across a tape of Armstrong-Murdoch from Florida at some point. It sounds like they had a real humdinger of a feud, which wouldn't shock me a bit considering who we're talking about.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-12-25-SMW-TV] Dick Murdoch vignette
  • 2 weeks later...