• 43477 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43477 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

This is one of my favorite PPV opens ever. They show footage of Flair in childhood and clips of various matches before transitioning to Vader mauling people. WCW production could be pretty excellent when it wanted to be.

#3 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8865 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Great job by WCW production. Excellent video opening.

#4 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Great opening video showing clips and highlights of Flair's career before shifting into Vader just destroying guys in the ring.

#5 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9188 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

WCW production staff...the Adam Dunn of videotape. A low average with lots of swings and misses, but goddamn do they knock it out of the park here.

#6 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

If WCW's booking had matched their video production, we might still have two major wrestling promotions in North America. This was excellent, but based on their track record lately I'm betting that the match doesn't follow suit. I've heard good things about Flair-Vader, but I've heard good things about other WCW matches before and had problems with them which were so big that I refused to review the matches beyond a few sentences. If they can't be bothered to put on a match I can enjoy, why should I waste my time writing about the slop they give me instead?

Part of me wishes that the WWF and WCW had been cooperating at this time just so we could have seen a clip of Flair winning the '92 Royal Rumble, which is still the greatest performance I've ever seen out of him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users