Pro Wrestling Only

TNA finally sends Jeff Hardy home after ruining PPV main event

Bix

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple interesting points watching the match. Someone on another board spotted Brian Hebner flashing the 'X' sign while Sting was making his entrance. When Bischoff came out, the way he shook Jeff's hand looked like he was trying to determine if the lights were on upstairs.

Even before the debacle, the crowd was 100% dead. I'm sure the atmosphere helped Sting (or whoever) to say "fuck it."

Great job Bix. A quick read that clearly and comprehensively explains Hardy's troubles in recent years. I honestly had never totaled up it was THIS many different incidents between him and Matt.

This is a fascinating video and it's really interesting trying to break down exactly what happened here. A couple things I also noticed:

1.) Ref Brian Hebner also going over and discussing something with a cameraman at ringside about 10 seconds after flashing the "X".

2.) Hebner also didn't flash the "X" until he and Hardy had a brief discussion in the ring, so clearly Hebner knew something was out of sorts with Hardy.

One vantage point I haven't seen brought up by fans that a wrestling veteran may notice is that aside from whatever Bischoff told them, Sting could see Hardy's behavior as a slap in the face of the veteran he's working with. Besides simply being potentially very high, Hardy also acted like a fool with the extensive teasing of tossing the shirt while Sting was clearly ready to get started.

Sting could have determined that Hardy was just going to be too difficult to work with and decided to quickly end it, maybe even quicker than TNA staff expected even if they thought it would end early. Hardy also not expecting the quick pin is evident based on how oddly he handled taking the fall.

How much time was left on the PPV when this happened? In the sense of, how much time did they still have blocked out? Was Eric always going to come down? Because even with the short match, the whole segment still went 10 minutes.

John

From the recap I read last night:

"They went to Taz and Tenay, who narrated a full-length video package recapping all of the events from the PPV matches trying to stretch out the PPV. Taz encouraged people to watch Impact for fall-out from the Anderson-RVD match. Yes, watch the free TV show to figure out what viewers spent $35 on. Tenay and Taz signed off at 10:44 p.m. EST, one of the earliest PPV sign-offs in TNA history."

(Edited out the extra match review bits. Too long, not relevant to the question.)

Great job Bix. A quick read that clearly and comprehensively explains Hardy's troubles in recent years. I honestly had never totaled up it was THIS many different incidents between him and Matt.

Hell, if you extend it to add more Matt behavior that's not as relevant to Jeff, there's the entire Lita meltdown (which also covers stuff like THE ANGELIC DIABLO, "ADAM COPELAND IS FECES," etc.), the desperate attempts at grassroot movements to get a bigger push (trying to get people to chant/bring signs that said "MATT FOR CHAMP"), the whole "I didn't fail a drug test, I was recovering from a staph infection" episode, getting outed as someone constantly burying CM Punk to wrestling reporters, running with the "Lita is dating Punk" rumor that had been started by a fan (who posted a photo shot from behind of two people who vaguely resembled them entering an arena together) and trying to give it credibility when it wasn't true, and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting.

Surely someone should have noticed that Jeff was in no condition to perform before he stumbled to the ring? Which is why I'm sceptical that this is a 100% shoot.

Well, we've seen Russo previously use incidents that were legit and turn them into angles, so if it happens here, it wouldn't be the first time.

Either way, Bix did an excellent job detailing just how fucked up Jeff is (and brother Matt as well) and if TNA wants to save ANY face, they need to fire both Jeff and Matt and move on already, no matter who happens to protest.

If it's a shoot, I'd wager they thought he could get his shit together enough to work at least a basic match (something he's probably done before). Then when he comes down, the ref checks him out, sees he's not even close to being in good shape and everyone calls an audible.

I'm sure this will become an angle no matter if the initial incident is legit or not, and actually that's kind of worrisome. If it was a shoot at the PPV, then after the fact making people think it was part of the show is right up there with WCW making Scott Hall's alcoholism part of his gimmick.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/3/14/205...n-to-perform-at

Honestly, I'm not sure if I ever expected them to act on this, so they're SLIGHTLY above expectations.

Good piece, man. I remember one Jeff Hardy match in particular, it was against The Rock, and Hardy was clearing messed up during the match. IIRC, The Rock looked really pissed off about it.

Cross quoting from Cage-Side Seats - - -

We’re going to be able to see a documentary entitled The Rise and Fall of TNA if they don’t quit this crap.

TNA just posted this on their Facebook page:

An Announcement Regarding Victory Road

AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO TNA WRESTLING FANS REGARDING SUNDAY'S VICTORY ROAD PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling strives to give fans who purchase our pay-per-views as close to a full three-hour event as possible. This past Sunday’s "TNA Victory Road" fell short of that standard. Your support of TNA is never taken for granted. To show you how we value that support, we would like to offer six months of free access to the TNAondemand.com library.

To receive your free offer, please send us a copy of your Victory Road pay-per-view purchase receipt to :

TNA OnDemand Offer

209 10th Avenue South, #302

Nashville, TN 37203.

Please be sure and submit your name, address, and email address, as we will be emailing a special code that will unlock over 300 hours of great TNA Wrestling action.

Looks like this is as close to admitting Jeff fucked up the PPV as they can legally admit to.

What are the odds that this could affect his court case?

The funniest part to me (well, aside from Jeff's shoulder being up when the pin was counted) was Bischoff's weird body language when he was talking to Sting. Go back and look what he does with that microphone at first. Bisch puts that mike so far behind his back, he's practically sticking it up his own ass. He wanted to make damn sure that it didn't pick up whatever he was saying. He only took it from behind his back when he started yelling at Sting to shake his hand, just to give some "Eric's just being a smug dick again" kayfabe explanation of what they'd been discussing.