Pro Wrestling Only

EXtreme Rules

goodhelmet

Punk vs. Orton

- Really sick spots in this one and I thought it was well constructed for a finisher killer match. I was hoping against hope that one of Punk's spots would have finished it but I knew Orton was going over. Reminds me of HHH pinning Jericho back to back in 2002. Is it just my feed or is the crowd really quiet tonight?

Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole & Jack Swagger (Country Whipping Match)

- This is where you should really consider firing an agent. They make it a regular tag instead of a TX Tornado match where you could just have guys strapping the shit out of each other. JR wouldn't have to do world-worst clotheslines or Dusty Dancing. It actually started off as an entertaining segment but descended into silliness. I was hoping for more country whipping. There were some nice shots but I don't care about this anymore.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes (Falls Count Anywhere)

- They tried their hardest and while I enjoyed the Mania match, I thought this one smoked that one. It sucks that they didn't go Tupelo Concession Brawl when they went to the arena but they did some cool spots. I wished they would have had the finish out of the ring but the match still gets a thumbs up.

Layla vs. McCool

- We give the Divas shit for not wrestling worth a shit but this was pretty solid. Again, the crowd didn't give a shit but they busted thier ass. The real story was which Layla finisher would put McCool out. I thought the Diamond Dust had a shot and the sick Rude Awakening as well. Kharma debuts after the match and I like the way they had the entire DIva locker room watching the monitor looking scared shitless.

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio (Ladder Match)

- This was a solid ladder match early on but nothing really remarkable. Then ADR starts attacking and working on Christian's arm and then I was hooked. Cool spot after cool spot of ADR tearing Christian's arm. Loved ADR fishhooking Christian's mouth while holding an armbar. The last ten minutes were freaking awesome in terms of building drama and casting doubt on who would win and this match was better than anything on Wrestlemania. Kudos for Christian!!!

Corre vs. Big Show + Kane

- Bleh.

John Cena vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz

- Like my 4th or 5th favorite match of the show but still ten times better than the Wrestlemania main. They played to their strengths with Morrison playing Spider-Man and getting taken out by Truth. Miz and Cena both took some big bumps but my favorite bump was the MOrrison into the cage and slinking between the cage and ropes. Cena wins the title but I think it was the right call.

Overall, awesome PPV and well worth the three hours.

Punk vs. Orton

- Really sick spots in this one and I thought it was well constructed for a finisher killer match. I was hoping against hope that one of Punk's spots would have finished it but I knew Orton was going over. Reminds me of HHH pinning Jericho back to back in 2002. Is it just my feed or is the crowd really quiet tonight?

I was screaming at my pc for the chair spot into the post to be the finish, but oh well. Good stuff though.

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio (Ladder Match)

- This was a solid ladder match early on but nothing really remarkable. Then ADR starts attacking and working on Christian's arm and then I was hooked. Cool spot after cool spot of ADR tearing Christian's arm. Loved ADR fishhooking Christian's mouth while holding an armbar. The last ten minutes were freaking awesome in terms of building drama and casting doubt on who would win and this match was better than anything on Wrestlemania. Kudos for Christian!!!

I thought Christian would win, than lose, then he won...awesome stuff. I told my wife multiple times tonight, "this is what wrestlemania should of been."

Just curious: did they acknowledge Bin Laden's capture on the live show?

I heard John Cena made a speech off air after the show.

I'm waiting for Irving Mushnick to answer when WWE knew.

Corre vs. Big Show + Kane

- Bleh.

John Cena vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz

- Like my 4th or 5th favorite match of the show but still ten times better than the Wrestlemania main. They played to their strengths with Morrison playing Spider-Man and getting taken out by Truth. Miz and Cena both took some big bumps but my favorite bump was the MOrrison into the cage and slinking between the cage and ropes. Cena wins the title but I think it was the right call.

Overall, awesome PPV and well worth the three hours.

So basically Lawler should of won the damn belt in February.

I thought every match was at least decent which was a nice plus.

Orton v. Punk was a hair disappointing mainly because I thought Punk might go out with a big bang and instead this was merely a good match with a really convincing finish. Still I thought this was good. I figure without a punt Punk may not be totally done yet.

Sheamus v. Kofi was decent and had a really great looking finish. Amusing to hear my best friends gf bitch about Kofi's awful punches.

I thought the country whipping match was a lot of fun. Yes it was stupid to have JR apply a real ankle lock but it still made me chuckle. I thought the way the match was built made a lot more sense than the Cole Mania match. The only real complaint I had was that Lawler being a back drop to Cole/JR but I thought it was a really entertaining ten minutes over all.

Rey v. Cody was a great match. Everything in it looked violent, nasty and impactful. There were some great camera angles in the match that made simple stuff look gritty. There were some moments where Rey appeared to be going for things and Cody just ran away but I thought that added to the match. All the big spots looked good and the mist spot was a cool and unexpected touch.

Layla v. Michelle was good, stiff and about the perfect length. If anything it was a hair to short. Set up for the finish was good and the Kong post-match stuff - while not violent enough - was still cool to see

Christian v. Del Rio was a good match that had kind of disappointed me up until the finishing run which was really great. Del Rio is a bump freak and proved it here. Christian's selling was good throughout. Clay getting creamed and bloodied was cool and oddly added to the match and Edge being their actually made sense and it in no way overshadowed Christian's moment.

Tag title match was randomly thrown on, but Show took an insane bump and I never tired of Zeke's stiffness and feats of strength.

Main Event was WAY better than expected. Triple threat cage match should be a disaster but this was really a pretty good match. I really loved the early spot with the skull crushing finale and Morrison sprinting over the top as it kept Miz finish strong and also got over the danger of this sort of match to a champ. Very much a WWE style main event but it was still good stuff. Truth's run-in was cool and I liked the finish a lot.

Overall this was a really entertaining ppv

Just curious: did they acknowledge Bin Laden's capture on the live show?

Wasn't it just breaking at the very end?

Yeah, that's why I was curious. It definitely wouldn't be a criticism if they didn't acknowledge it but it was a big news story in the middle of a PPV, which there's really not a precedent for, so I just wondered how they would approach it, if at all.

Really enjoyed the show had all the fun and feel good that Wrestlemania lacked.

I wonder if the mist was something brain stormed for Sin Cara only for it to be given to Rey.

Del Rio keeps showing us more and every time we think we've seen all of what he offers.