Pro Wrestling Only

The Official CM Punk Twitter thread

sek69

For those who don't follow CM Punk on twitter, here's a sample of some of what you're missing

He went to the dentist and hilarity ensued:

CM Punk

There's a new one. All numbed up in the chair and some lady asks if her kids can come in and take pics. People wonder why I'm so antisocial

CM Punk

If you don't see what's wrong with that situation, kill yourself.

Haley Williams, lead singer of the group Paramore and an apparent IRL friend of his replies:

CM Punk

“@yelyahwilliams: @CMPunk hahahahah i hope they take multiple pics.” I'm going to drool on you.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does seem conflicting.

Really? I'm pretty sure straight edge doesn't include Novocaine while at the dentist.

I've been calling myself straight edge for 19 years. Have lived through various waves of it's popularity. Have seen various interpertations of what it means. It is notable that even Vegan Reich/Hardline Straight Edge kids in the mid-90's - generally thought of as the most over the top and militant sXe kids ever - never came out against novocaine to my knowledge. Asprin yes. But not novocaine.

So they can make one exception but not for someone in severe pain taking advantage of living in the fucking 21st century?

You really have no clue what you are talking about here.

This is literally stupider than arguing that someone can not be a practicing Christian if they wear clothing woven from two different animals.

So they can make one exception but not for someone in severe pain taking advantage of living in the fucking 21st century?

This is literally stupider than arguing that someone can not be a practicing Christian if they wear clothing woven from two different animals.

I'm not the one that called someone a pussy for taking a pain pill. A drug is a drug is a drug.

I'm not the one that called someone a pussy for taking a pain pill. A drug is a drug is a drug.

No, you are the one with an idiotic opinion talking out of his ass.

There's a difference between taking drugs socially, recreationally or because they're prescribed. I seem to recall a Punk Smackdown promo pretty much talking specifically about that in regard to Jeff Hardy. Punk had prescribed medication, from a legal doctor or something. I think he even held up the bottle?

I also don't think taking novacaine at the dentist somehow makes you a "pussy" but whatever, the internet is hyperbolic.

Also, it depends on what he was at the dentist for. If it was a routine checkup, then yeah, you don't need Novocaine for that. But if it was something like a root canal, or getting crowns replaced, or any other procedure which requires them to whip out the drill... well, can you blame them? That's practically a surgical procedure, and even the straightest-edge motherfucker in the world couldn't (or at least shouldn't) refuse a local anesthetic when you're having your body carved on like that. For safety's sake, if nothing else, so you're not jerking around in agony while someone has a sharp object poking your soft places.

Was it Roy Keane who, when asked for an autograph, wrote wanker on the guy's forehead?

It's got to get frustrating at the best of times anyway, but stuff like in the dentist, in the bathroom, out with family, etc... who wouldn't want to tell them to get lost?

Yeah. Our society is downright cannibalistic when it comes to the amount of shit we demand out of our celebrities. I still find it amazing that hordes of paparazzi stalking their victims right onto their own private property is actually legal. Fuck the public's right to know, famous people deserve privacy too.

Yeah, Punk's hardly being ungrateful to the fans to point out that sitting in the dentist chair isn't the proper time for a meet and greet.

Back to the topic at hand:

CM Punk

“@ScottArmstrong_: Football in the locker room = MISTAKE” Football players in locker room = mistake.

If anyone is wondering, he is Twitter friends with Jim Ross so that may have been a rib on Punk's part.

His ongoing Twitter feud with Maryse:

CM Punk

“@maryse0uellet: Getting my hair color done....love when its fresh...#besexy” You're the worst tweeter.

The tweet mentioned before about tassels:

CM Punk

“@tattoodandlewd: @CMPunk Can you bring tassels back to wrestling please?” Tried it. Didn't work. yfrog.com/h0m5jppjj

It's amazing he's lasted this long.

I would think it's more that the 'E realizes how good he is (in the ring and on the stick) and don't want anyone else to have him. Because if he were to go to TNA and Russo accidentally does something right, he could be a big shot in the arm for them.

That said, if he does decide to leave (has anything been reported since it came out that he hasn't signed his extension?) I don't think he'll be going to TNA. He's not exactly buddies with the Hardly Brothers, and I'm sure he's smart enough to know that he'd wind up being just like Angle, Kennedy, and the other 50 guys who left the 'E and went there. They'd hype him for a month or so as their biggest acquisition yet, and then he'd be just another guy.