Pro Wrestling Only

The Official CM Punk Twitter thread

sek69

Novocaine isn't a painkiller, it's a topical anesthetic.

\ We introduce a wide variety of "unnatural" substances into our body every day, every time we do anything even as simple as taking a sip of water. Drawing an arbitrary line between Good Chemicals and Bad Chemicals has always seemed a bit silly to me.

Which is a big part of the reason why we are seeing increases in diseases

There's good reasons why we have these manufactured chemicals in the first place, because in many circumstances they can prove to be invaluable

Often times it's money at the expense of health. There's not much money in doing what truly fixes the body. People aren't willing to either and just don't know or understand. In more circumstances, chemicals are detrimental to one's health.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does your intensive knowledge of sXe come from?

Are there various points of view within the "sXe movement?" Yes. In fact some of us object to it being called a movement at all. But this is pretty much the norm with every ideological movement in recorded history. If one objects to all labels that is one thing but I don't see how those who call themselves straightedge are any different than someone who identifies them self as a Christian, libertarian, traditionalist, liberal, whatever.

That's splitting hairs awfully thin.
"Painkiller," especially on a pro wrestling message board, is going to mean narcotic pain killer to most people. That goes for real life too since Tylenol and NSAIDs are marketed as "pain relievers" (presumably for the reason I mentioned already and the different ways that they work).

Novocaine is a topical numbing agent, narcotic painkillers are mind altering substances. There are no inconsistencies there.

I do not expect Punk to go over, I expect him to do the job & then take a small break to fully heel up old, nagging injuries, then he can return whenever he's ready & jump right back into another main program where he belongs, I'm not saying he hasn't already re-signed & its all a work, but I will say being a wrestler myself, I have inside guys whom he has told as far back as October of last year that he would be taking time off at the conclusion of his current deal....which was months before the rumors started floating around all over the net, people must understand, when a guy has been on the road full time, be it wwe, indies, or anywhere else for 8-10 years in a row w/o a break, it takes it out of you physically & sometimes guys just need a legit break to re-charge there batteries. I hope this i snot the case as Punk is 1 of the handful of reasons i still tune into wwe each week, but I guess time will tell.

Except that we're not seeing increases in most diseases. It's a New Age conspiracy theory that we're supposedly getting sicker and sicker as a population. The documented statistical fact is that modern Western medicine really works. Compare life expectancy and cause-of-death rates from different societies; in undeveloped or third-world countries, you're much more likely to die younger and much more likely to die of a disease which is completely preventable in a more advanced nation.

To put it simply: natural =/= good. The anti-medicine types love to throw the word "unnatural" around like it's an insult. Well, deadly nightshade is natural. A simple vitamin pill is unnatural. Which would you rather ingest?

Nowhere in particular, because as you say, it's a very loosely affiliated group with no real hierarchy nor Gospel-like list of strict rules. Individual people basically make up their own interpretation of whatever they think sXe should be.

There are no inconsistencies there.

Yet they both do essentially the same thing. I don't see the point in separating opiate painkillers and local aesthetics, because they're basically used for the same purposes, to numb the body's feelings of pain.

Yeah, I understand that part, opiates have an unintended side effect which can be used or abused for recreational purposes. Which once again leads us back to the "there is no sXe rulebook" point. Some would argue that recreational drugs are bad because of what they can do to your mind and body if abused, so they just don't want to ever take that chance. I can understand that, even if I don't agree with it. It's the ones that claim that basically all manufactured chemicals are bad because of some bullshit alternative-medicine claims that our bodies are sacred temples which shouldn't be defiled with outside substances, those are the nuts who really irritate me.

Except that we're not seeing increases in most diseases. It's a New Age conspiracy theory that we're supposedly getting sicker and sicker as a population. The documented statistical fact is that modern Western medicine really works. Compare life expectancy and cause-of-death rates from different societies; in undeveloped or third-world countries, you're much more likely to die younger and much more likely to die of a disease which is completely preventable in a more advanced nation.

To put it simply: natural =/= good. The anti-medicine types love to throw the word "unnatural" around like it's an insult. Well, deadly nightshade is natural. A simple vitamin pill is unnatural. Which would you rather ingest?

Nowhere in particular, because as you say, it's a very loosely affiliated group with no real hierarchy nor Gospel-like list of strict rules. Individual people basically make up their own interpretation of whatever they think sXe should be.

There are no inconsistencies there.

Yet they both do essentially the same thing. I don't see the point in separating opiate painkillers and local aesthetics, because they're basically used for the same purposes, to numb the body's feelings of pain.

Jingus, you are misguided some here. I reccomend you do some or perhaps more research on the matter for your own well being. And yes, we are getting sicker and sicker. That's pretty common knowledge and there are certain reasons for that.

Jingus, you are misguided some here. I reccomend you do some or perhaps more research on the matter for your own well being. And yes, we are getting sicker and sicker. That's pretty common knowledge and there are certain reasons for that.

Provide some evidence for your point. Just saying something is common knowledge is meaningless. Humans have believed countless things were common knowledge which turned out to be objectively false. Gimme some statistics.

For example, check out the list of causes of death for developed nations versus undeveloped nations. You see a much higher incidence rate of most communicable diseases in poorer nations without Westernized medicine. "But Jingus", you'll say, "the West clearly has higher rates of heart attacks, strokes, and cancer". Which is true. That's because we live long enough to get them. Those largely cause mortality in older people, at ages which most people just never reach in impoverished third-world hellholes. They die of other diseases first, things which aren't nearly as lethal if you've got access to modern medicine. As you can see here and here, life expectancy in in third-world countries is significantly lower than in Western civilization. It may look like America is a tad low on those lists, but that's almost entirely due to just how much we eat. Fattening food is cheaper in the United States than anywhere else in the world, leading to extremely high obesity rates and the inevitable health problems that come with that. It's mostly the quantity, not quality, of stuff we shove into our mouths that makes us die faster.

Some would argue that recreational drugs are bad because of what they can do to your mind and body if abused, so they just don't want to ever take that chance. I can understand that, even if I don't agree with it. It's the ones that claim that basically all manufactured chemicals are bad because of some bullshit alternative-medicine claims that our bodies are sacred temples which shouldn't be defiled with outside substances, those are the nuts who really irritate me.

Oh, I'm with ya there 100%, man.

I do think that Punk's "personal interpretation" is for real, and not just some gimmick. Just cause wrestling is full of drug users isn't an automatic indictment of a guy who isn't.

So is cocaine. Granted, novocaine doesn't have any euphoric effects, but they're in the same class of local anesthetic. Just to be clear, though, I'm not arguing over whether you can take painkillers and be straight edge. I'm addressing whether you can take painkillers and not be a pussy.

To the extent that this is true, global warming is a far bigger factor than fluoridated tap water.

I'm addressing whether you can take painkillers and not be a pussy.

Seriously, what the fuck does that mean anyway ? "Oh, I'm a MAN because I take pain like a MAN and don't take painkiller." What a bunch of self-righteous bullshit.

I sure am a huge pussy because when I got some teeth canal drained, I got some shots of novocain. Not to mention that when the effect goes away, you sure get your share of pain anyway afterward.

Sure, things were better when all things were natural, when 3 out of 4 baby died before getting one year old, when women died while giving birth, and when life expectancy was about 45 years old. Drugs are bad, mm'kay...

Provide some evidence for your point. Just saying something is common knowledge is meaningless. Humans have believed countless things were common knowledge which turned out to be objectively false. Gimme some statistics.

For example, check out the list of causes of death for developed nations versus undeveloped nations. You see a much higher incidence rate of most communicable diseases in poorer nations without Westernized medicine. "But Jingus", you'll say, "the West clearly has higher rates of heart attacks, strokes, and cancer". Which is true. That's because we live long enough to get them. Those largely cause mortality in older people, at ages which most people just never reach in impoverished third-world hellholes. They die of other diseases first, things which aren't nearly as lethal if you've got access to modern medicine. As you can see here and here, life expectancy in in third-world countries is significantly lower than in Western civilization. It may look like America is a tad low on those lists, but that's almost entirely due to just how much we eat. Fattening food is cheaper in the United States than anywhere else in the world, leading to extremely high obesity rates and the inevitable health problems that come with that. It's mostly the quantity, not quality, of stuff we shove into our mouths that makes us die faster.

There are other reasons for the life expectancy. Look at people that live to extrodinary years in cultures without diseases like we get here in North American and see how they're doing it.

Some medicine is definitely a help in certain situations but a lot of it can be detrimental too.

And yes how much junk we eat is a big factor why disease is so prominent. But let me tell you this which maybe the most valuable info you'll ever hear in your life. QUALITY OF FOOD IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for your health, recovering from everything, mental functioning and preventing diseases. The manmade cooked bullshit that is put in "normal" food is helping to kill people off while the right organic food will recover you and prevent. I have seen a friend recover and eliminate testicular cancer by doing this. There are tons of people you can talk to about this. People who have switched over and healed their health problems. I myself have seen and observed what quality of food/water can do to one's health. Quality of nutrition is absolutely essential. And once you TRULY are eating well you will find you will not have a quantity problem. Yoiu won't be eating excess food. Part of the reason people eat too much in quantity is because they have to. Jack La Lanne had it mostly right so many years ago. If only more people listened.

I myself am far from having a perfect diet but I have seen 3 problems I had already clean up from eating better. And I'm still a young guy who exercised his whole life and never ate too much food. I've had a low body fat percentage every day of my life. Yet, I was hurting myself with the foods I ate. Once again, QUALITY IS ESSENTIALLY VITAL.

If you don't feed your body the right quality, it will turn against you and cause you everythign from bad teeth, loss of teeth to sexual problems to less energy to skin problems to diabities to the breaking of the bones whent they shouldn't be. Feed it mercury, aluminum, pesticides, flu shots, vaccines, additives, growth hormone US milk, alcohol, smoke, drugs and everything else and it will get ravaged with all sorts of problems all the ways to disease. 100% true. I look at my friends some younger than me who are genetically blessed in many ways but have acquired diseases and I know a very signifigant part of that is due to quality of food and bad chemicals.

So is cocaine. Granted, novocaine doesn't have any euphoric effects, but they're in the same class of local anesthetic.

Novacaine also doesn't get you as speedy as a jackrabbit, get you horny as fuck, and make you into an asshole.

Sorry, as someone who had a bit of a coke problem a few years ago, the comparison is sorta ridiculous.

I worked several Indy shows w/ Punk back in the day, & know several close friends of his personally, his ''Straight Edge'' deal is not a gimmick, its legit, the guy lives one of the cleanest lifestyles of any wrestler around. all this other back n forths about drugs is making me Laugh Out Loud, drugs are bad or they would be legal, period. :)

drugs are bad or they would be legal, period.

I disagree with this. I mean, clearly marijuana is not as bad as alcohol or tobacco. I don't see anyone MADD about marijuana. I have never seen a flash mob do a demonstration about weed either. The thing is, and my interpretation of why drugs are illegal, is because so many of our leaders have too large of an age difference to the generations they are leading. Plus, they would have to find a way to tax the salt out of marijuana (using MJ as an example). And they don't like change all that much.

Drugs like cocaine, speed, heroine, meth, and a variety of pill based narcotics are the types of drugs that make it easier to understand the illegal aspect and legal ramifications of possession/delivery. But then alcohol and tobacco should be on the black list of controlled substances as well, since both drugs kill more Americans than all of those other drugs combined - probably twenty times over a year with all things considered (auto fatalities, cancer, suicide, general accidents).

The American government have since taken proactive steps into making the nation healthier over the years. It usually ends up as, "Good initiative, but, bad judgment," though. Like dumping fluoride into the drinking water to keep our teeth cleaner for instance. Or public schools around the nation having taken similar steps to limit the amount of junk/fatty foods children are consuming during the school day. People have seemingly forgotten that their bodies are their temples and treat it like shit for many years up to and including breaking it to a permanent basis. It is no surprise that the government and taxpayers alike have started programs to rid the other half of our country from all of the bad habits that cost billions of dollars annually in health care costs. Someone has to give a shit even if it wouldn't be classified as a moral intervention.

Straight Edge followers (is that the right word to use?) really think that taking pain medication = less manliness? Shit. I must be a ginormous pansy man then. I'm not afraid of pain but I don't particularly enjoy its embrace all that much. The things people believe in and follow, man. Could a straight edge person be classified as a borderline masochist (not meaning in a sexual sense or even in an enjoyment sense whatsoever, but in the sense that they will endure excruciating physical duress and not prevent and/or stop their suffering when a remedy to end that suffering exists)?

I really cannot envision a man not using some type of painkiller while being a professional wrestler. I give Punk kudos if he has or is doing that. He is recklessly stupid while at the same time being one of the bravest dudes I can think of. Because it's only a matter of time when, not if, that you will get injured while taking bumps that way Punk does. Like that 55 minute tables and ladder match he had against Hero in IWA-MS. Like he didn't get hurt at all during that match. Like his back wasn't killing him the next day. It just blows my mind that he wouldn't pop some Tylenol the next day or later that same night, cause I would. Sorry, just boggles my mind, man.

It's not just bumping the way Punk does, it's wrestling period. I've never known any professional wrestler who never got injured, ever. It always happens to every wrestler, period. (Real pros, anyway, guys who worked for years and had matches which could be measured at least in the hundreds. Once-a-month wannabes don't count.) At some point (if not many points), you're guaranteed to break something which will require a doctor to fix. Even I got a concussion and a badly sprained ankle and a broken finger and some deep bruises and whatnot, and that's just from various freak accidents in my limited time the ring which didn't even happen during official matches. Guys who wrestle every week will inevitably have a much longer and more serious list of old wounds.

Back to more twitter fun:

CM Punk

Usos doing a Haka on my TV is pro wrestling. It's right. It feels good. Also happens to be entertaining. Funny how that works, eh?

CM Punk

“@BelievexInxHBK: @CMPunk Which is the first match which you saw ?” Melina vs Alicia Fox

Retweeting re: NY state voting to legalize gay marriage:

Anthony Amor

by CMPunk

Congrats NY, maybe the world isn't hopeless after all. 44 more states, grow up!

(from reading his tweets I'm not surprised he's in favor, but he's also been in pro wrestling a long time and we all know it's not the most progressive industry in the world)

In reply to a fan not sad to see him leaving WWE (and indeed has a profile pic showing off her fat triceps)

CM Punk

“@Sexykitten442: @CMPunk good punk go please and do not come back” Love your profile pic. Fatty triceps are hard to get.

Re: the Hulk vs Warrior shoot video fight, and getting a zing in on Hulkster:

CM Punk

@OfficialHTM @ultimatewarrior come on guys. He tore his back/traps/Lats/Bicep/delts/pecs. Give him a break.

all this other back n forths about drugs is making me Laugh Out Loud, drugs are bad or they would be legal, period. :)

What's the deal with tobacco, alcohol, lexomil etc then ? Alcohol is the most dangerous drugs of all and kills thousands of people each year, and it's perfectly legal.